DEC 2013 WT Article - Slave for Jehovah - warning: ranting ahead

by ohnightdivine 33 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Another shot at de-preparing people. First, strip them of whatever "spare" resources they have by stuffing donation boxes. Then, ordering them to give up good jobs (which are hard to come by). We are headed for a financial catastrophe. Not if, when. And the longer they keep putting it off, the worse it will be when it does come. Using astrology, I guess sometime between the late fall of 2014 and early spring 2015 is the collapse. If it doesn't happen then, it will be even worse when it does happen. And now is the time to prepare with gold and/or silver, plenty of emergency lighting supplies complete with batteries (rolling blackouts are more likely with coal plants offline), barter skills, and whatever you plan on using for durable goods. Now is the time to get top quality clothing, so it will still be in good condition and last until the financial system resets or we are captured for final enslavement.

But, if you just keep cutting back your income, you cannot do any of that. You work late, you could get a small handful of silver dimes. You work a Sunday so you miss a boasting session, you could get rechargeable D batteries and a good charger, or a couple of lanterns, for use in rolling blackout situations. But, had you made the boasting session, you would have lost that work. Even one hour of extra work on boasting session night means a couple of CREE LED light bulbs to cut your electricity bill.

Now, would you rather have that extra boasting session (which could be nullified if you masturbated or thought of something against their doctrine at a later time), or a few silver dimes when the dollar becomes toilet paper? Would you rather have a good lantern, 6 rechargeable D batteries (and they do make them in low self discharge), and a good charger--or getting in your pious-sneer hours--when the lights start going out regularly? Yes, people are warning of this and always have been. But the debt based dollar mathematically must become toilet paper--and the longer it takes, the worse it is going to be when it does happen. And now that coal plants are offline, rolling blackouts are going to start being the reality. Never mind a whole grid down from a terror attack or a solar flare--just scarce electricity is enough, or one good snowstorm. Or, when mandatory rationing on electricity becomes reality (permanently or not), is it better to have your home outfitted with LED lights in the middle of a July heatwave? Or, would you rather have the satisfaction of knowing you made your hours last March?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

ohnightdivine: Someone even commented that "business people may think that being dressed up and giving presentations is cool, but we know it is not".

Wait a second! Isn't that exactly what the WT Study Conductor is doing, getting "dressed up and giving a 'presentation'"?

See, this is what happens when uneducated people speak: they make foolish statements.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Would you rather have a good lantern, 6 rechargeable D batteries (and they do make them in low self discharge), and a good charger--or getting in your pious-sneer hours--when the lights start going out regularly?

New light or not new light......that is the question.

• SnailsPace2
    SnailsPace2

Just FYI, in my area most young ones are ignoring this advice and going ahead to pursue higher education and doing so with the support of their parents.

• piztjw
    piztjw

According to one of the local young brothers, whoops I mean brown-nosers, advanced education is okay IF it is used ONLY for the WTB&T$ in the form of free labor. Now I wonder who in their right mind.....Oh, I answered my question already.....never mind.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

quellycatface,

Sounds very similar to my experience when I was 17, when the retards elders told me to abandon my apprenticeship. (Similar crap about "spirituality").

However, unlike your husband, I listened to them.

Somehow I manged to resume that in my mid-twenties, but it was rough going - particularly for my family.

As you say, what right have they got to say such things to people.

Bill

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"According to one of the local young brothers, whoops I mean brown-nosers, advanced education is okay IF it is used ONLY for the WTB&T$ in the form of free labor. Now I wonder who in their right mind.....Oh, I answered my question already.....never mind."

I knew plenty of kids that worked toward degrees with the justification, "I'm getting it so I can get into Bethel!" Some went. Many did not. It was a good excuse, "fake it 'til you make it." After they got their degree, there was no bethel app turned in. (I wish I would have been one of these.) They got on with life, either inside or often outside the bOrg. I think that's why WT changed it's stand from "in many places, advanced schooling is necessary to get sufficient wages to support pioneering/family/etc." back in the 90s. They saw enough kids leaving that they had to stick their WT study farticles in the "higher education" hole in the dike.

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

Oubliette, you are correct..

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I remember sisters who had several pairs of expensive boots, always wearing them with skirts that showed their knees.

Bitchezz!

• rmt1
    rmt1

I just want to drop the statistical and demographic fact that 1 in 5 of the United State's graduate students are 40 years old or above. When I started looking into grad school at 40, I felt like I really didn't belong, that I was out of my cohort, that I would be an unnecessary drain on resources. And yet there was this other old-timer seemingly hanging in there with the other students in their twenties. Some fact checking later, and it turned out that out of our class of ten, he and I actually conform to the national statistics. I *think* what this means is that just because you're older, and presumably have beaten the odds to get your bachelors, doesn't exonerate you from a generalized responsibility to at least see if grad school is feasible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit