1973 "Divine Victory" International Assemblies

by Bungi Bill 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

How many here attended the "Divine Victory" International Assembly that was held 12- 16 December in Christchurch, New Zealand?

The venue was Lancaster Park. If the truth be known, that stadium was probably a casualty of the February 2011 earthquake?

Bill

• watson
    watson

Oakland California

Baptized there

• Perry
    Perry

I attended that event in I believe in Houston, Texas....can't quite rememeber.

• watson
    watson

Didn't the red Youth Book come out there?

• smiddy
    smiddy

I attended it , but buggered if I can remember where offhand ,.............. probably Lang Park, Brisbane Australia .

smiddy

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Watson,

The "Youth" book was released several years later, either 1976 or '77.

One of the books released at the "Divine Victory" International Assemblies was "True Peace and Security - How can you find it?"

Bill.

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

I attended it in Twickenham, London. I believe the book God's Kingdon of a Thousand Years has Approached was also released then. And what a bore that was.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I would have chosen to go to one in the U.K, from memory I went to Sheffield, the Steel town, that year.

We stayed at the Railway Hotel, and that was a journey back in time to when Victoria was on the Throne !

All the furniture and fittings, even in the Bathrooms, and even the uniforms of waitresses and maids, all were still Victorian in design, I think this was not a marketing ploy, just that they had never updated !

They should have kept it like that.

Of course I cannot remember a single thing about the talks at the Assembly.

• Zoos
    Zoos

Los Angeles, California - Dodger Stadium

I was six and I got lost. Mom told me years later she just KNEW I got taken by the homosexuals.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I attended at Twickenham - I was only 7 but remember it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit