Winnipeg, Manitoba

Athens, Greece

Rome, Italy

Nicosia, Cyprus

Israel

• karter
    karter

Bungi Bill.

Were you at the Auckland town hall in 1976 when Nathen Knorr came and gave a talk??

It was when the J/W's were bleading members after the end didn't come in 1975.

Karter.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Karter,

I never had the dubious priviledge of ever hearing either Nathan Knorr or Crazy Fred speak in person.

Each year after 1975, what was called a "Special Talk" was held (like the one you describe in the Auckland Town Hall) . In reality, these were just an old-fashioned Pep Talk / Sales Talk / general kick up the @$$ talk by the sales manager! It went on for at least ten years afterwards, too - the last one I remember attending would have been in 1985.

One thing that never featured in this series of "Special Talks" was any admission of responsibility (certain not of guilt) on the part of the WTS / GB for what had happened. It was all about us having become "slack." All they seemed concerned about was numbers - concern that nationally, 5% of the publishers (so they calculated) had "walked out the door of the Kingdom Hall for the last time."

No concerns whatsoever for the harm that had happened to many of the Rank & File from following the Watchtower Madness!

Bill.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Twickenham, London for me..

Correct me if I am wrong but was not that the time when the attendance was so great that they opened up the playing field area and people streamed in to sit on the grass?

• nugget
    nugget

went aged 8 was so totally bored.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit