1973 "Divine Victory" International Assemblies

by Bungi Bill 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

I attended this one at Yankee Stadium, New York.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Winnepeg. Bored to tears sitting in the hot sun all day.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

How many here attended the "Divine Victory" International Assembly that was held 12- 16 December in Christchurch, New Zealand?

The venue was Lancaster Park. If the truth be known, that stadium was probably a casualty of the February 2011 earthquake?

I was there. I went with my father to New Zealand, Austrailia and Fiji on one of the society tours for the 1973 Divine Victory assembly.

• tiki
    tiki

Yankee Stadium, NYC.....last Yankee Stadium one for me.....

• blondie
    blondie

Chicago Illinois

Munich Germany

Rome Italy

Have there really been international conventions since 1978, all locations designated international?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I attended at Tiger Stadium in Detroit, which I believe was the first in the series. It was one of the most crowded assemblies I ever went to.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I was there with Canleave , I was 7 as well and remember it, pissed down !

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

I got dragged along to the one held at Royal Randwick Racecourse in Sydney. I was only 7 at the time, so don't remember that much. We were from the country and got billeted with some strangers. Weird when I think back on it now.

What I do remember was going to Taronga Park Zoo afterward and seeing the poor tiger pacing endlessly around in its concrete bunker.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Come to think of it the Ranwick Sydney one was probably the assembly we attended a convoy of cars left brisbane to go.

smiddy

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Also Winnipeg, hot.

Winnipeg again in '78.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit