Carrie Underwood tweets, thanking God for successful Sound of Music performance

by adamah 43 Replies latest social entertainment

• adamah
    adamah

After a live 3 hour performance, the "American Idol" winner tweets,

"Glory to God tonight...I couldn't be more proud. What a tough thing to pull off and we did it! I am so blessed!!!"

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2013/12/sound-of-musics-carrie-underwood-i-am-so-blessed-tweets-pics-from-the-wrap-party.html

Yes, all praise go to God for helping her perform!

And if her performance last night doesn't deserve her a spot on the 144,000-member-strong Heavenly Choir (spoken of in Revelation 14), then I don't know what would!

Adam

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

Funny she's tweeting this because from everything I read, minus her singing it's evident that she sucks in this element. She was getting hate mail and tweets because she supposedly sucked so bad. I never was a fan of The Sound of Music to the point that it made me cynically root for the Nazis. That said, I'm rooting against this latest rendition of Who Can Suck the Most When Filling Julie Andrews Shoes.

• Simon
    Simon

I thought she was OK, I'm sure many aren't used to stage music type performances. It was a gutsy thing to do.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I didn't see it, but I saw the show the week before about the making of it. I thought she sounded good in rehearsal. I don't listen to her country music, but I thought her voice lent its self well to this genre. I love the movie. I am kind of sad that I missed it.

• adamah
    adamah

Simon said-

I thought she was OK, I'm sure many aren't used to stage music type performances. It was a gutsy thing to do.

Yeah, it's gutsy to go against the trends in the music biz with a 50 yr old musical (!), but I suspect she's trying to reach a Middle American audience to line up further opportunities with NBC, based on her wholesome image as a role model.

I hear Lady Gaga is releasing a jazz album (!) in January, which is really gutsy by going against trend (and her latest recording (artpop) didn't make much of a dent on the charts).

FHN said-

I didn't see it, but I saw the show the week before about the making of it. I thought she sounded good in rehearsal. I don't listen to her country music, but I thought her voice lent its self well to this genre. I love the movie. I am kind of sad that I missed it.

I didn't see it either (live), but with the internet, you don't have to miss anything, since NBC.com has it up for on-line viewing:

http://www.nbc.com/sound-of-music/video/the-sound-of-music-live/n43944/

Adam

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

If only she knew that all glory honor and praise go to the GB of JWs so her eternal salvation could be assured by associating closely with gods spirit directed organization and worshipping the only true god jehovah and zealously sharing in the kingdom preaching work....yea...

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

Just puked in my throat a little.....

• SloppyJoe
    SloppyJoe

I liked it, I'll give credit where it is due. The sound of music is a musical and Carrie underwood can sing. This rendition was based on the Rogers and Hammerstein play version, not the Julie Andrews movie. She has more talent than I ever will so I have no criticism. Performing live in front of the world is a tough task and I thought everyone in the show pulled it off well. I am a very big fan of the Julie Andrews movie which I do like better, probably because I grew up watching it. In any case I would not mind more live musicals in the future.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I watched most of it and enjoyed it. It's not the same as the movie version with Julie Andrews, and the movie version will always be my favorite. But I thought it was done well for a live production. The only criticism I have is that I didn't think a lot of the actors such as the children had much charisma or charm and the little one wasn't even very cute to me like the little girl on the movie version.

All in all, I thought it was something positive for the younger generation to watch. There is too much negative crap on tv that I get tired of that my spouse watches, all the vampire and bloody medival junk on cable. It was something fun & positive for me to watch.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I'd rather here Carrie Underwood thank God than alll the rap stars on the awards show, always saying, "first and foremost I'd like to thank my Heavenly Father for making all things possible" !

I have to say that I haven't even watched an awards show in about ten years, but got so tired of hearing them say that !! I remember about 10 are so years ago some awards show was on and iI think it was the group SWV (not sure) but my mother called me and said "who's that girl that just said 'thank you Jehovah" on the Grammys?" are whatever awards show it was. Of course her reason for calling was when Dubs here the name Jehovah on TV they go batshit crazy !!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit