jw.org BREAKING NEWS (erm... almost a year later...)

by konceptual99 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

JW.org: "Jehovah’s Witnesses genuinely care about people, especially about those who are distressed. Throughout the world they use the Scriptures to share hope and comfort, assuring people that God truly cares."

Yeah right.. But we couldn't care less about our DF'd or DA'd ex-members who were our mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, children, grandmothers, grandfathers, grandchildren, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins and friends. No, those evil people are nothing but liars, so we dispose of them and don't even say a simple 'hello' when we pass them by. And we call this an 'act of love'. See how gentle we are?

Makes me sick to my stomach and wanting to vomit!

By the way, did anyone notice that the 'favicon' of JW.org resembles the favicon of JWN very much? Even there they got rid of the Watchtower!

Under the title 'Priest helps talk man down': "As well as three police negotiators, the man had asked to speak to a member of the Jehovah's Witnesses and a Catholic priest." - See http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10857555

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Would Catholics present only one side of the story???

DD

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

" The patient demanded to speak to a Jehovah's Witness after scaling a safety fence and threatening to jump during an organised 3pm walk on the viewing deck on Saturday."

One has to ask... "Why would a mentally deranged person demand to speak not to just anyone... but one of JEHOVAHS WITNESSES.??????"

Either this mental patient was previously one of JW's which no doubt probably led to this poor person being mentally deranged(sorry I had to) or it was the evil spirits in his head that told him to ask for them.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I wonder if he partook at the memorial. After all, The WTS did claim

that the mentally ill ran up the numbers of those who did so

Jus' sayin'

• steve2
    steve2

Yes a life was saved. Phew! The man could have easily asked to speak to a Mormon missionary. It's a shame the JWs lovely manner could not be extended to all distressed JWs who end up killing themselves because of the organization's harsh shunning policies.

• factfinder
    factfinder

I would not have known this story existed had I not read it here and I check jw.org often!

They did hide the fact the man was mentally ill and that the brother told the negotiator evil spirits were speaking to the man.

• Stealth
    Stealth

However, if the man would have jumped leading to his death, he could have been resurected in the new system.

Now that the JWs talked him out of jumping, if he now does not become a member of that religion, he will be killed by god during the big A.

Most likely the JW saved him from killing himself only to have god kill him later. I'm not sure that is something to be proud of?

• LoisLane looking for Superman
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The post from 1009 includes a link to the New Zealand Herald from Jan. 6th. The opening post includes a link to the New Zealand Herald from 2 days later that focuses on the JW and drops the Catholic priest.

Either the first story was in error or it wasn't. If it wasn't, then the focus of the second story on the JW made it seem smoother to leave that priest out. Either way, it sounds like the 80-year-old JW really did go out of his way to help. Most JW's can be good people.

I won't fault jw.org for leaving out the Catholic priest without knowing any more about it.

This is an excellent example of how a story morphs. I wouldn't be surprised if it morphs more as it it told at conventions by District Overseers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit