jw.org BREAKING NEWS (erm... almost a year later...)

by konceptual99 21 Replies latest jw friends

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

As the OP I was not trying to make any judgement on the efforts of the Witness. In my opinion a life was saved and the guy said what he thought was appropriate to talk the man down. Good job.

The main reason for posting was simply that it interested me for the following reasons:

(a) has taken ages for this to be put up on JW.org - so much for "news"

(b) speculation that this might be why it is only available off a sub page listing of events and has never been a "headline"

(c) it is to me yet another example of the WT trying to make as much PR capital from events that enhance it's corporate social responsiblity perception.

• zound
    zound

No one's mentioned this part:

"Then I realised he was sitting there on the edge waving his arms around, and talking. I knew he couldn't be talking to the people on the ground because they were more than 200m below. "I've seen people like him in other situations and they've got voices in their heads - they're hearing things.

"I said to the negotiator, `There are evil spirits talking to him ... and we've got to beat them'. So I just kept telling him to stop listening to those voices. "I read the words from the Bible again and said, 'These are the words you've got to remember ... That's the truth, that's from God, not these evil spirits talking to you'."

Are we back in the dark ages again?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit