Jamaican Branch Office Closing

by jw07 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

We have several Islanders in my congregation, not one word. I don't want to be unfeeling, but doesn't God, say, put Kingdom Interest first & all else will be added to you. Not to be anxious over tomorrow, these are just a couple of scriptures that are used when times get difficult. This is when you put your money where your mouth is. Do you ever remember saying these words to householders or students when they come across hard times ? Now it's time to pray to God/Jesus, not to the Society. Put your faith in God, not man, man will dissappoint you every time. The world is in a economical depression, not just the US, the entire world. Everybody & everything has to be consolidated to save money. I hope that the society helps & finds places for the volunteers.

I will pray with you...But remember, have faith in God not man or the FDS class..

Legacy

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I hope that the society helps & finds places for the volunteers.

They do. Sadly, their prayer is usually "Keep warm and well fed" as they walk on by

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

It can't be for financial reasons, they sold the buildings in Brooklyn for a crapload of moolah. Where is that money going.

• Gayle
    Gayle

2012 Service Year Report showed 96 Branches. Near a 20% reduction from a few years ago. I expect these to continue to reduce. "WIKI" reports the WTS has "30 Zones." Not sure what that means totally. Maybe a "Corporate" term in their International business?? I think the HQ doesn't need "branches" anymore, or can't or won't "support" them.

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

The money is going to the new headquarters...how do you expect them to PAY FOR... "FREE LABOR".

Legacy

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Good Ridance!

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

I think the one in Antigua was closed too?

Kool Jo

• designs
    designs

Do these Branch buildings immediately go on the For Sale Market or have the GB been looking for buyers on the down low prior to announcing the closures.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Any news on the DR branch?

• blondie
    blondie

Hopefully those at these Bethels have made contacts with local jws with material wealth or have family or contacts in their old congregations/circuits. I saw some get jobs working for jws or their non-jw relatives.

Ray Franz got a job with a jw and earned enough points to qualify for Social Security. He had enough contacts that helped he and his wife out with money and property...not a mcmansion but adequate. And this was even after he was df'd, jws helped.

I would think that it would make some of these jws think about what the future really holds.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit