Jamaican Branch Office Closing

by jw07 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Londo111
    Londo111

One day I hope to hear about the closing of the US Branch...

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

One day I hope to hear about the closing of the US Branch...

I understand it's been sold.

Doc

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

jw07:

As others have mentioned, how could these people think they were immune to this happening since it has been happening over several years everywhere else?? If I were a bethelite anywhere, I would wonder: who's next? None of them have any security.

This is only going to add to the general stress in congregations as these people make a mad scramble to get settled somewhere.

I would not be surprised at all if we begin to hear stories similar to what confused and alone has had to deal with over the past several months!

You can bet that any JW with a business anywhere is going to be approached by elders who will expect them to take on people!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

If I were a bethelite anywhere, I would wonder: who's next?

That is SO true, because at the same time that they are sending some Bethelites with 20 or more years of service "home" to the field, they are inviting young 19/20 year old guys to join the ranks.

Doc

• Splash
    Splash

I think the opposite is happening at the Sri Lankan branch, haven't they just expanded the facilities there?

Anyone know the details?

Splash.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

It illustrates they are a publishing company, a BUSINESS, first and foremost.

The closing of the branch in Spain was really a black eye for WT does anyone remember all the hullabaloo over that one?

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Knew of a brother in Montego Bay that was a Taxi driver and also I think that there was an older sister that lived at the top of a hill that owned property that was originally DeWars, I believe.

Njy

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

jw07 you have a PM

• hoser
    hoser

I think the opposite is happening at the Sri Lankan branch, haven't they just expanded the facilities there?

Anyone know the details?

Splash.

That is because labour is cheaper in asia. Walmart figured that out years ago

• Splash
    Splash

Hey hoser,

I think free labour is pretty cheap wherever you find it!

I wonder if it's because Sri Lanka is a translating branch.

Splash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit