Be honest. Am I an abusive Father??

by DATA-DOG 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Everyone. Again, I am so sorry that I did not get back to the computer. If had known how upsetting this would be for some of you then I would not have done it. Please believe me, I am very sorry.

I hope any lurkers can see the real power of abusive speech from the WTBTS. I have some more highlights from the CA that I will post later. Seriously, the WTBTS motivates through guilt and fear, and they are so blinded to thier own actions. The hypocrisy was stunning.

Sorry again. Please forgive me for not thinking ahead.

DD

• mzmmom
    mzmmom

This made me remember something about "nothing but a grain of sand". Does anyone else remember that?

• smiddy
    smiddy

Thanks for clearing that up D.A.D. I was truly concerned and just had to comment .No need to apologise , this is a discussion board and you got us discussing your OP. You get a G for good.

smiddy

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I had a great conversation with my child last night. I asked them what they thought of being called a piece of dirt. I said, " If you heard a parent calling their child a piece of dirt, what kind of speech would that be? Would you call that loving?" They thought for a moment and sheepishly said, " Un-loving??" I said, " It's abusive. Definitely un-loving. Your Heavenly Father does not feel that way about you, and I don't want you to ever believe anything like that about yourself. It's not true. I don't care if it comes from the platform, do not believe it. Do you understand?" They understood. So it was a step in the right direction, I think.

It's really disgusting to tell someone that they are not allowed to have any pride, and then to call that a beautiful attitude.

DD

• tornapart
    tornapart

I know there's the scripture that says God remembers that we are dust. But dust is NOT dirt. They have taken it totally out of context. Our being like dust to God means he knows we have weaknesses and imperfections. We are not strong and powerful like he is. We cannot do the things he can do. It's like the difference between an adult and a newborn infant.

We do NOT have to think of ourselves as something on the bottom of someone's shoe. God does not think of us that way. He loves and cherishes us despite our weaknesses and imperfections. Thinking of ourselves as precious in God's eyes is by no means prideful!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit