I'm thinking of applying for reinstatement

by Cygnus 74 Replies latest jw friends

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

OK, here's how it is.

I just finished reading the "dead" thread. Now, listen. I do not believe in life after death. However, in these last 5 years since I quit the JWs, I have found NOTHING that is any better than what they have to offer. I have spent quite a lot of my time trying to convince myself that there are alternate possibilities that perhaps my passing from this plane of existence might result in something palatable that I can absorb as satisfactory, but it isn't working.

Now, there are a few things I can agree with when it comes to dub-ism. Not many. But a few. And I am willing to meet with the brothers who DF'd me and upheld the DF'ing to see if they can live with these conditions.

I will not spell out all of these here. However, Greg Stafford's latest book has swayed my thinking in certain respects. And, my wife this evening asked me if I could be away for the better part of Saturday night so she can have friends over. That is simply unacceptable to me.

I am feeling that while JWs are essentially intellectually corrupt, I could once again live within the sphere of their existence; for my wife's sake, and the sake of my current inferiorty complex.

Hyghlandyr, where are you tonight when I need you?

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

You've got to do it for yourself and no one else...not even your wife.

It's gotta be what makes you happy or you'll find no success or pleasure in it.

Whicheva way you decide...make sure it is the best thing for YOU!

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

I just went through that not so long ago. It's a long, hard, arduous process. I wish you the best.

(((( Cygnus ))))

• Imbue
    Imbue

Are you serious? Are you going to ask them if you can still do your little web cam show as one of the conditions?

I think your friend Hygh has taken a vow of silence...so we hope!

Sorry if you are serious...but it is hard to believe since you said you are your own god etc...and starting your own cult.

Crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• anewperson
    anewperson

Since 1998 there has existed an alternative to the Watchtower Society with the good beliefs but minus the dangerous ones. Go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jahchristian/

"We champion Christian Freedom (Ro 14:1-5), help free and befriend survivors of abusive cults including the Watchtower Society. We also give spiritual friendship to those who want it. We enjoy unity by LOVE (Col 3:14) instead of forced uniform beliefs although many believe resurrection will be on Earth for some and to heaven for others, the DEAD ARE UNCONSCIOUS till resurrected. Founded 1998. To get the free newsletter, the Free Christians News, tell jahchristian@ yahoo.com "

• teejay
    teejay

>> You've got to do it for yourself and no one else...not even your wife.

I agree with you, Violet, and then I don’t. We have to be happy (or at least content) with the life we live but what does that mean? No one can live a completely self-centered, narcissistic life. In practice I’ve learned that it’s okay every now and then to sacrifice what we want for the sake of someone who wants something else from us. When you get married or start a business or think about your current job (even if you’re self-employed) ... you’ll understand what I mean.

Cyg,

There are certain aspects of the JW life that are acceptable and some of it isn’t – no doubt! But no life(style) is perfect, so regardless of the paths we take we ALL end up making those same trade-offs, anyway. Living the ex-JW life brings headaches all it’s own, headaches that would not exist if we were JWs, particularly if we live with one. Going back brings OTHER headaches, of course, headaches we don’t have now.

It all comes down to: Which headaches are the easiest to deal with? I don’t think there’s a really “bad” decision either way. You’ll make the right decision.

• LDH
    LDH

Cyg,

Hygh is away working, remember?

You will have to be happy with me.

*IF* you can stomach the blatant and gross hypocrisy, go for it. However, I believe you should first tell your wife you would only consider going back *IF* she admits to some WBTS errors.

Once you can get her to admit they have been wrong on numerous occasions, you may get her OUT instead of you going back in.

I have found NOTHING that is any better than what they have to offer.
    Exactly what is it you've been looking for?

Lisa

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

Teejay I see where you're coming from and self sacrifice is an excellent attribute...but if your sacrifice isn't going to make you even a little happy, is it worth it? Even to please your mate? Sometimes a compromise can be reached without a complete turnaround.

I'm sure that Cyg's wife would luv to have him come along to the meetings with her, but not if it makes him miserable...she would not want to make his life unhappy would she?

• Grunt
    Grunt

You've got to be kidding. You've found nothing better than what they offer? All they offer is lies, false promises and false friendships, lots of coverups and emotional blackmail. It doesn't take much to beat that hand. You are setting yourself up for failure by even considering going back to what you know is a lie. It is your life, but to parrot the questions found at bottom of a cult magazine and underline the answers they will accept from the same rag, are you going to wave your hand to get to quote the answer they want??? Well, the fact that you are here would seem to speak to a more open mind and freer spirit than that demands. You must not be the cyngus from H20; are you? Born in the Truth, was your handle to start with??? No, it can't be. Whomever you are, I wish you a happy life and freedom from the kind of self-hatred that pandering to this cult would tie you too. I'd have to break every mirror in the house if I were to, man, I can't even present a fantasy like that. On another note, By sitting on the back row being shunned and lying to get back in aren't you sending the wrong signal to the wife I hope you love enough to want to free? Whatever you do, I wish you well, but it sure seems like a sick form of self-degradation to me. Don't put yourself through it. You will exit again I imagine, I hope.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit
    , I have found NOTHING that is any better than what they have to offer.

What do they have to offer, Cygnus?

Not, what do they say they have to offer, but what do they really have to offer?

If you think that you can handle the JW life, knowing what you know about the organisation, and the benefits to you will outweigh the negatives, then by all means try it. Speaking only of myself, I know that my home and family life would become easier, but I could never endure the endless hours of stomach-churning frustration at the meetings. I could never live with myself for engaging in the recruitment work of this most damaging cult. I couldn't survive that. I can survive the familial discord.

Besides, if you present conditions to the elders, there is no way they'll let you be reinstated. Asking for conditions means you are not "fully repentant". The only way back in is on their terms 100%. They'll want your soul.

Expatbrit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit