How Jehovah's Witnesses benefit those humble enough to study the Bible with them.

by Stand for Pure Worship 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Here u go:

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Well thats just stupid, image shows in preview but wont show once posted....

• garyneal
    garyneal

That's right, under angelic direction, Philip sought out this man in need of spiritual assistance and brought him up to speed on The Truth as it was known in its limited scope for that time.

Under angelic direction? I don't recall the Bible saying that. I thought it said that Philip was being directed by the Holy Spirit. Of course, your statement makes sense in light of what the WTS use to teach when it taught that Jehovah was sending His angels to Judge Rutherford in the early days after Russell died. Yeah, maybe that's it.

Thankfully, they were humble enough to accept truth according to the Scriptures and adapt their mindset.

During my six years of studying with the witnesses I realized that they expected me to critically examine my beliefs against the evidence while refusing to do likewise. Which one is more humble?

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

Have we confirmed SFPBS is not a troll yet?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I won't say I didn't benefit from studying with JWs. I learned personal discipline and good moral values. Even now that I've left, I am benefitted by good discipline habits.

Shame it came at such a high cost.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I don't understand why studying is a sign of humility. Is it b/c Witnesses are legendary for their ignorance that anyone choosing to study with them is humble?

I don't recall any Bible studies with the Witnesses - ever. What I do recall is study of WTBTS material rather than the Bible. When I finally read the Bible, it was abundantly clear that the Witnesses lie about everything in the Bible. Further, I am uncertain of how important the Bible is. There is a lack of morals in the Bible stories. Kill, kill, kill is not godly.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

So true. The growing gap between what the Bible actually says in its whole and what the JWs teach based on cherry-picked scriptures causes many to wake up.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Bible students benefit by learning to lie to the Superior Authorities, especially about pedophilia! Oh..was that a question or a statement??

DD

• UBM101
    UBM101

The Watch Towerites aka JWs cannot stand without having to exalt their religion and condemn others.

• UBM101
    UBM101

The Watch Towerites aka JWs cannot stand without having to exalt their religion and condemn others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit