How Jehovah's Witnesses benefit those humble enough to study the Bible with them.

by Stand for Pure Worship 50 Replies latest jw friends

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

torn thanks for posting that verse, i mentioned it in my comment ,but i cant paste anything on this phone. i hope stand for false religion will take theses verses to heart.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SFPW:

I agree with what Vidiot said: your thread title is just plain condescending.

It is indicative of how Jehovah's Witnesses attempt to insult people's intelligence and also how they are all too eager to exploit them.

This is why the religion is always stressing "humility". Boy, I wanted to gag every time I heard that word. All they did was want to lower everybody's self-esteem. People with low self-esteem will tolerate or believe anything.

In actuality, people weren't studying the bible with JWs: they were studying a piece of the religion's biased literature and this makes all the difference in the world!

• Emery
    Emery

I really don't believe SFPW reads anyone's replies to his pro-WT topics.

• Poindexter Lionel Humperdique
    Poindexter Lionel Humperdique

ohnightdivine:

Agreed!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

LongHairGal - "In actuality, people weren't studying the bible with JWs: they were studying a piece of the religion's biased literature and this makes all the difference in the world!"

Ditto; well said.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Emery - "I really don't believe SFPW reads anyone's replies to his pro-WT topics."

Drive-by rhetoric?

• Londo111
    Londo111

Often I find this fallacy to be the case:

(1) Those who agree with me/us are humble.

(2) Those who disagree with to me/us are prideful.

We all need help and guidance from our fellow man from time to time, nobody is above being corrected, however, in the end, each of us bear individual responsibility before God for our beliefs and practices. If we rely on humans who claim divine appointment, we could easily be misled.

Luke 21:8 says: And he said, “See that you are not led astray. For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am he!’ and, ‘The time is at hand!’ Do not go after them.

In the Olivet Discourse, there is a constant warning from getting guidance from those who claimed the time was at hand. Similarly the Apostle Paul warned, “not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by a spirit or a spoken word, or a letter seeming to be from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come.”

The admonition echos was it says at Deuteronomy 18:22, “When a prophet speaks in the name of Yahweh and the thing does not happen and the word is not fulfilled, then it has not been said by Yahweh. The prophet has spoken presumptuously. You have nothing to fear from him.”

I will conclude with the blurb from the Awake up until 1995, “This magazine builds confidence in the Creator's promise of a peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 pass away."

Who was presumptuous?

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

If sfpw is just ringing on doorbells and running away, why are we answering the door? How about next time he/ she / it posts, NOBODY ANSWERS! Tumble weed. Nadda. Nothing. Like a fish seeing the bait and ignoring it.

??

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

SFPW, you come here and proselytize, not really giving weight to other's commentaries. I don't think you are being fair. Care to engage in discussion, or are you only interested in your side and version of things?

For example, you said:

Apparently, when they were exposed to the teachings taken directly from the Bible as discussed with Scriptural supplements in the form of books like, What Does the Bible Really Teach, or brochures such as, Who Are Doing Jehovah's Will Today?, or the tract being featured in a current campaign, Can the Dead Really Live Again?, they realized that some if not all of their major beliefs were false. Thankfully, they were humble enough to accept truth according to the Scriptures and adapt their mindset.

What is the truth according to the Scriptures?

• Watchtower-Free

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit