How Jehovah's Witnesses benefit those humble enough to study the Bible with them.

by Stand for Pure Worship 50 Replies latest jw friends

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

@SFPW, I get what you're saying, and frankly, I agree . . . to a point. I agree that one should not go it alone, that they should be with others of like faith. After all, iron sharpens iron, right?

Heb 10:24,25 is often quoted to indicate meetings. That, frankly, is the WTS interpretation of this verse. However, this could also simply mean gathering together, even socially, with ones of like faith for the purpose of building up. You also used Matt 18:20, which says: "For where there are two or three gathered together in my name, there I am in their midst." There's a point of contention here. It's the "in my name" part. Who said this? Christ. JWs do NOT gather in Christ's name. Not at all.

What Does the Bible Really Teach, or brochures such as, Who Are Doing Jehovah's Will Today?, or the tract being featured in a current campaign, Can the Dead Really Live Again?, they realized that some if not all of their major beliefs were false.

I don't have that benefit myself as I was raised a JW. However, your statement is a strawman's argument. There are a lot of false teachings in other religions, and it's just as easy for a non-JW to expose falsehoods as it is a JW. Your statement does not address the fact that some of what JWs teach is or has been false, too.

Funny you should use the Ethiopian Eunuch as an example. It's one of my favorites since it took, what, maybe an hour, or even a few from study to baptism? No questions to go over. No special qualifications to be baptized. The man simply had faith and was baptized. How simple was that? To say that the person probably had a good amount of knowledge already so didn't need all the time necessary for people today is ridiculous. When one believes, one can and should be baptized, even if they don't fully know everything. Remember, they are baptized into Christt (oh, yeah... JWs don't baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit... nevermind this stuff then, it doesn't apply.)

Regardless, we'll continue to press on assisting that need help to understand the Scriptures accurately with the Bible based literature provided under God's direction.

If you insist. Just remember James 3:1. And remember to teach yourself, as well . . . not by relying on magazines that change their understanding of things every few years, but by really digging in for yourself. I implore you to do that... take off the WT blinders, READ the Bible, compare translations, look at interlinears, and most of all, pray for wisdom and understanding. Ask yourself: Why do I believe what I do? Can I prove, for example, that only the 144,000 are part of the New Covenant scripturally, and not with conjecture or speculation? Can I prove from the scriptures that Christ was enthroned in 1914, and did not become king after he was raised as Matt 28:18 indicates? Can I prove scripturally that there will be "new scrolls" that will tell us how to live life in the new system, or even what those new scrolls are? Can I prove by the scriptures alone, and without any words such as "evidently", "logically", or "we understand" that Daniel 4 has a secondary fulfillment leading to the 2,520 years prophecy and thereby to 1914? Am I so certain that the WTS is correct that whenever the NWT has words added or removed that they are being completely, 100% unbiased, and not led by their own theology (a term known as eisegesis)?

Best wishes for you on what may prove to be an interesting journey.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

The Reasoning Book = Wikipedia for the ignorant by the ignorant

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Hey sfpw,

You got the no 3 talk this week ???

lol

time keeps on ticking into the future

• pbrow
    pbrow

SFPW.... please do not go away. Keep posting. You are the exact reason why the the governing body does not want jdubs posting on the internet. I cant remember the names of the apologist that were on this site several years ago but the endless replies to posts that were made by them are some of the best "wake up" calls i received while lurking here.

You will be forgotten as well but rest assured you are helping to shatter the jw mindset that keeps so many people trapped in this man made organization. Good luck in your journey.

pbrow

• DS211
    DS211

Tack hammer>to head>over and over and over...rinse>repeat

circular reasoning here we goooooo

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

The Reasoning Book is my favorite tool to show how the "truth" was never the truth...and how you can easily be lured by letting others do all the reasoning for you.

• DJS
    DJS

DS211,

I'm supposed to be the resident smart ass. Stop it, now!!! You are stealing my thunder!! LOL.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

As long as you're looking in the Reasoning book, turn to page 239 where it explains, "The "generation" that was alive at the beginning of fulfillment of the sign in 1914 is now well along in years. The time remaining must be very short. World conditions give every indication that this is the case." Intelligent persons who read quotes like this will note that the publication was written in 1985, over 28 years ago. Since their teaching at that time was completely wrong and the world didn't end by 1995, they rewrote the meaning of "generation" many times to make it last much longer.

Further reasearch will reveal to right-hearted individuals that WT is a scam run by 100% false prophets.

• Violia
    Violia

SFPW

I know you think you have the answers b/c I thought so once too. I never read any apostate literature- I just started reading my Bible by itself. I did not need any aide from the wt publications. Maybe a Bible dictionary. I read the Bible and realized jws did not have the truth and were not even an asset to the community. At least religion should do charitable works ie food banks and things of that sort. The jws did not even meet this criteria and all the negatives extremely out-weighted any minor benefits I may have gotten.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

SFPW - "How Jehovah's Witnesses benefit those humble enough to study the Bible with them..."

Seriously?

Dude, do you have any idea just how condescending that thread title sounds?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit