serious question for evolutionist,

by unstopableravens 220 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

MadGiant--is that question for me? -

No, I just read the OP.

It seems that unstoppable up to something, but maybe is afraid of the findings if a serious research is made. Next time someone go to the dentist should ask how many kid has she/he treated that don't have Wisdom tooth.

Here in Puerto Rico are many.

• KateWild
    KateWild

LOL! funny thread. I needed cheering up today.

Well, unstop...I am very surprised no one has recommended you read Dawkins. I don't think I have discredited him in my review. The processes he has written about are logical and I can't dispute them.

He is however an arrogant fundementalist, that is concerned religious nuts are taking over the world and they are to be compared with Holocaust deniers.

But I agree with many on the thread, to enter into the discussion, one needs to have something to contribute.

Love Kate xx

• cofty
    cofty

concerned religious nuts are taking over the world and they are to be compared with Holocaust deniers

No that is to seriously misreperesent his views.

He compared the plight of a biology teacher faced with children who have been misled by creationists to a lecturer in European history having to deal with holocaust deniers.

It is an accurate comparison.

I am not aware he has ever expressed any fear that they are "taking over the world" either.

The amount of influence that superstition stilll has in the 21st century is depressing.

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

I'm hoping everyone on this planet evolves better and more accurate bullshit radar......

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

"BTW, there is no such thing as 'devolution': change happens to fit the environment, and there's no reason or need to insert such value judgments into the process of adaptation." - adamah

I agree with you but not completely, any creature can sprout physical traits that they thought they had abandoned millennia ago.

Atavism is the tendency to revert to ancestral type. In biology, an atavism is an evolutionary throwback, such as traits reappearing which had disappeared generations before.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

so its more reasonable that ppl will one day not have arms or legs, than humans flying. sigh. and i like the super hero christian pic!

• KateWild
    KateWild

He compared the plight of a biology teacher faced with children who have been misled by creationists to a lecturer in European history having to deal with holocaust deniers.-cofty

In your view it's an accurate comparison, IMO, it's not because, there isn't huge NF or NAZI movements teaching kids all over the world that the Holocaust was a lie, and Hitler did not kill 6 million Jews plus many others.

However, religions all over the world, indoctrinate their followers to think that evolution and God are not compatible.

Also the seriousness of the two are not comparable, if Holocaust deniers were taking over the world, we would have the threat of it happening again on a grander scale. As opposed to people thinking evolution is a lie all their lives and then dying. No great harm done.

As a Jew, my Polish mother escaped the concentrations camps, and generations survived. Cofty, I find it contempable and offensive Dawkins has managed to get you to agree these two types of people are comparable. I think he has cleverly made it sound logical when it is not. Can you not think of a more logical comparison cofty, because I cetainly can. It's quite easy, how many subjects are studied in schools?

Kate xx

• bohm
    bohm

in fairness, i think the holocaust comparison is not apt. It would have made a lot more sence to compare it to denying the existence of ceasar. holocaust denialism most often come with other ideas that it smell a bit like a Goodman.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Thanks bohm, I was thinking of denying something like a Geographical fact also like. Denying a particular Island or Country exists, when it does.

But denying Ceasar works too. Kate xx

• cofty
    cofty

Holocaust denial poses as serious history when it is actually extreme racism in disguise.

Creationism poses as serious science when it is actually religious superstition in disguise.

I think its a very apt illustration. Nobody would tolerate holocaust denial in the classroom but when it comes to creationism millions of Ameican parents are shouting "teach the controversy".

The comparison is not about the ethical standards of religious people vs those of Nazis. To imply this is to willfully misunderstand his point.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit