Welcome Syme. Great Intro.

• cantleave
    cantleave

A warm welcome from me too.

• breakfast of champions
  • Fernando
    Fernando

Welcome Syme.

You're in good company - lots of likeminded persons here.

Maybe you'll allow me, as a person of faith, to point out that "religious faith" is an oxymoron (and a lie).

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

It seems to be a rare thing to exit from Jehovah's Witnesses on logic alone. Non-christian behavior, abuse or other mistreatment by members of a congregation or family is often the impetus for leaving.

I look forward to your comments!

ginger

• jeremiah18:5-10
    jeremiah18:5-10

Welcome to JWN, its a nice step in the road to freedom. You will find support and additional interesting experiences and expressions of ones who have travelled this path before you. I look forward to more posts.

• Syme
    Syme

Thank you all for your warm welcome!

KateWild I can't recall right now any case of injustice serious enough to post it on this forum. Some minor injustices I may have seen, but those are attributed to the human factor, regardless of religion. If I remember anything worthy of posting it, I will do it. However, keep in mind that it is injustice with regards to the WTS regulations that I have not experienced. If we look at it from a humanist standard, of course there's injustice: the very existence of Inquisitor-style sessions where you demand the accused to tell you what he's been doing in his bedroom naked, is one. But these are things you all are familiar with.

cofty I read your posts, they are in-depth and well-studied! The one I'm about to post sees things from a slightly different perspective.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Welcome to the board! I look forward to you sharing your observations and experience.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome Syme, Your English is good enough to be easily understood. Since you no longer believe in God, what are your plans now? Do you have JW friends and family who you want to maintain relationships with? I hope that you continue to vent on JWN so that your JW friends and family do not suspect that you no longer believe in that the WTBTS has the "Truth".

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Welcome. Evolution is settled fact, IMO. Sometimes I wonder if evolution could not be the process of creation. I tried to argue against evolution in junior high school science class, using WTs as a guide. They always had some scientific seeming quotes. Of course, I had no science background to evaluate the statements. I later learned that the WT deliberately misquotes and pulls statements out of context. What an idiot I was.

A rational brain is a true hindrnce to staying a Witness. Sometimes I wondered why my reasoning was logical. I needed a logical brain for school.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit