First Post - Introduction

by Syme 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

A warm welcome to you . Please use the search function on this site to access the wisdom of 4.2 million posts .

On every subject relating to JWs . You will be surprised how many members are

Current and former

Bethlites

Missionaries

Pioneers

Elders

Your exact situation is very common . Just continue to do your research . You will find you have been

lied to because 99% of the critical info out their is true and accurate , easily fact checked . Especially JWfacts.com

• clarity
    clarity

Syme ...huge welcome & congratulations on your awakening!

>

Like you, I find science & world events extremely interesting now,

watchtower condemnation had put a stop to any subjects

which would show them up .....now we are free!

>

Looking forward to your writings ... hoping all the best for you!

clarity

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
  • flipper
    flipper

SYME- Welcome to the board ! Nice to have you here. Welcome to freedom of mind and open discussion. We are here for you as a support system. Take care

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Go to work on yourself, my friend. Stay strong and get away from these people. Save yourself and your family.

Best,

• Comatose
    Comatose

Welcome to the group! It's great to have you. Hope to read more posts from you. The same things woke me up.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

So happy you woke up.

LoisLane

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Evening dude. Welcome, please post plenty about your thinking processes and what convinces you, it'll help others, myself included. . . .

• mind blown
    mind blown

Welcome! Thank you for sharing your experience. Looking forward to your next post

• Syme
    Syme

Thanks again all of you!

I posted some of my thoughts on Creator & Bible on the nearby thread, a poll, started by minimus, named "Who here believe in God".

Something that "convinces me" are facts. And logical conclusions based upon the facts. Now, if those facts happen to contradict what I WOULD LIKE to be true... well, too bad. I think the whole (jw) theology is based on the hilarious notion that "I am extremely afraid of dying, ergo, death is not the end!" Or "If there is no resurrection, what's the point? Ergo, there is resurrection!" Wow, talk about logical reasoning.

Reality doesn't care if we are afraid of dying or whatever. I would like to be able to fly with real wings on my ribs. So what? Does my yearning make it possible?

As one writer in my country put it: "The Sun itself will eventually die. Who are we to think that we are more important than the Sun?"

As for my plans... well, I haven't sorted that out yet. "Circumstances do not allow me" right now to take more radical steps.

It says here that I have a restriction on starting new topics, so the post about JW and Comm. Parties will have to wait until tomorrow .

See you around!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit