Born Again Christians and JWs should look at the bigger picture and stop fighting with each other.

by booker-t 42 Replies latest jw friends

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty: i personally could not say that because i do believe adam is real and hell as well. however there are things that i could stand up and say i differ on, for example post trib vs pre trib. i believe in reformed theogoly and i go a reformed church, however there a church that has a bible study on tuesday nights that not reformed and i have opening talked there. you are trying to make it seem like something its not. mr cofty i can turn it around on you. could you stand up at richard dawkins speach and publicaly say you believe in hell and that adam was real? how would they react? does that mean you are in a cult?

• cofty
    cofty

could you stand up at richard dawkins speach and publicaly say you believe in hell and that adam was real?

No comparison.

On the one hand we have one version of faith-based thinking versus another. On the other hand we have faith-based thinking versus evidence-based thinking.

Evangelical christinity is a cult that demands mental conformity to dogma.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

unstop you are getting confused between facts and beliefs

everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, but no one is entitled to their own facts

when your beliefs contradict known facts then that will be pointed out to you

*EDIT - posted by besty from sweet peas computer....:-)

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

ohh i get it cofty: born agains are in fanasty land, which is based not a facts but lies.and what you believe is based on evidance.

• cofty
    cofty

Yes

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

i see you are making some progress, unstopableravens :)

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

so when pluto was a planet was that based on evidance? did you believe it was a planet?

• cofty
    cofty

Planet - not planet. It's simply a matter of what conventions we agree to adopt to label things.

Nothing actually changed.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

truth does not change i agree, but what you believe does, point is cofty when pluto was called a planet do believed it, why because the ones you trusted said it was, not based on facts but what they thought.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Pluto was redesignated a dwarf planet. There was never a "belief" about whether the celestial body known as Pluto existed, the evidence was there, its existence was not based on faith.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit