Introduction

by Pyramid God 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• Suraj Khan
    Suraj Khan

Happy to see you here! Yeah, too bad the GB bet so much on 607BC. They were only twenty years off. That's only a generation, and not even an overlapping one...

See what I did there?

/ashamed

//kinda

• Pyramid God
    Pyramid God

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Big difference from the rabid uncaring apostate stereotype I heard my whole life.

My decision was actually pretty easy once I saw how my friends disappeared overnight. I confessed my doubts to my best friend one night nearly in tears and the very next meeting no one would speak to me. I actually stood in the back of the hall as my friends would walk past me without even making eye contact. I decided right then and there that I didn't need them.

• Pyramid God
    Pyramid God

Suraj Khan- That's funny!

I guess it shows how well they were able to sneak stuff past active JW. I didn't understand the full meaning of the new generation teaching until I came here. They just kinda whispered it at a convention one day, I thought that didn't make sense, then back to the treadmill.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Hey welcome! Nice to have you. Please feel free to hit me up over PM if you ever want to chat. Nice to have you!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Welcome! Thanks for the brief thumbnail sketch of your experience.

I'm sorry that your parents and other friends chose the WTBTS over you. Many of us here have had similar experiences.

I look forward to your future posts!

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Welcome, interesting journey.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
  • cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome to the forum.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Pyramid God - I give individual members a little benefit of the doubt, because they don't really know what they're doing and don't realize they're enslaved. I try to remember that I was once in their position.

Hi Pyramid God, If you read Steve Hassan's books, he describes dangerous cult members as having an authentic persona and cult persona. If you start to think in those terms, it may help you emotionally and help you to think of ways to help your JW family's and friend's authentic persona to control their cult persona.

Also, to use the JWN quote feature type what you want to appear in a quote box, highlight the text, and then click on the quote " button to activate the box. If you want to continue to type additional information without it being in the quote box, press the Enter key to add a new paragraph and press on the quote button again. Otherwise DITTO what cofty wrote about the JWN quote feature being quircky.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• whathappened
    whathappened

Welcome and don't worry. You are young and can build a new life for yourself. These people who shun you love the cult life and there is nothing you can do for them. You can go out and live a happy life and show them that the Watchtower is wrong when they say that those who leave fall into a life of debauchory.

Keep in touch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit