Introduction

by Pyramid God 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• jgnat
    jgnat

Well, that's one less potential elder on the roster. Congratulations on your freedom. I am confident you will do well!

• Pyramid God
  • krejames
    krejames

Welcome PG. Hope all goes well for you from now on.

• Pyramid God
    Pyramid God

Sorry the last post was a test. Maybe it's a problem with firefox.

ABibleStudent- I haven't read Hassan's books, but believe me I have experience with the dual persona. My parents were unrecognizable during our arguments. They would be my normal loving parents until the JW were brought up, and then it was like I was talking to a different person.

jgnat- They never would have had an elder, because even when I was active I didn't think it was right for me to hold another person's life in my hands. THey tried to get me to go on shepherding calls with elders, and I flatly refused because I had no business counseling others.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Wise young man.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Welcome to this forum. Thanks for sharing your experience. It is sad that jws shun ones who are df or not df but inactive.

• Pyramid God
    Pyramid God

It is definitely sad and even infuriating but in a way it gave me the motivation to get out and start living for myself. In a way it was beneficial, just not the way the JW intended it.

• mind blown
    mind blown

Wow...welcome!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I really admire all you young people who had the brains to get out of the wtbts early. I didn't get out until I was 30ish. Stay independent, run your own life and get a good education.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Pyramid God - My parents were unrecognizable during our arguments. They would be my normal loving parents until the JW were brought up, and then it was like I was talking to a different person.

Hi Pyramid God, I have never been a JW - only did a few bible studies with an elder and another JW publisher. I guess I recommend Steve Hassan's books so much, because he explained everything that I experienced and ways for me not to think badly of my former friend who is a "Spirtually Strong" (non-thinking) JW. He also explains lots of options on ways to bring out the authentic persona in a JW for them to critically think for themselves that I learned too late to use on my former friend .

Although my former friend's cult persona did not treat me like your parent's cult persona, she did switch between her authentic and cult personas quickly enough to send up red flags for me. Also, It kind of hurt when I got shunned/ingnored on a hiking trail when she accidently ran into me and no body else was around. I still remember her walking quickly away after I said only "Hi", and I never did any action that would cause that reaction in a non-JW.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit