What have Jehovah's Witnesses copied from the Mormons

by konceptual99 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Not a lot. Many years ago, when I was a tender and callow fellow, I knocked at a door with an elder. The guy who opened the door told us he had no time for Jehovah's Witnesses. I asked how he knew we weren’t Mormons? His reply, “Mormons wear better suits. You ain’t as damned smart.”

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Maybe the question should be asked, what have the Mormons copied from the JWs ?

One could compose various answers to this question, one might be the JWS have Governing Body heads

just like the Mormons. Of course preaching door to door is an obvious comparison.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

There are many too many similarities between the WTBTS and LDS.

And these similarities are only because JWs are, for a lack of a better word, a 'knock-off' of the Mormons.

Something else that has developed of recent among WT that is similar to what the Mormons have been doing for years now is that WT is endeavoring to distance itself more and more from its' founder Charles T. Russell due to vices in his past. The LDS for years now have been distancing themselves from there founder Joseph Smith due also to slip-ups in his life.

Can you see the similarity in the following:

www.lds.org and www.JW.org. Accidental similarity or intentional copy!

• cantleave
    cantleave

LDS are led by a bunch of old farts like the GB

http://www.lds.org/prophets-and-apostles/what-are-prophets?lang=eng

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

Hey Searcher maybe the governing body will give you a cut of their profits since they stole your ideas.

The LDS have a surefire way of keeping track of who in the flock contributes financially and who doesn't, thanks to the tithing.

Since Brooklyn/Warwick would never try to introduce such a draconian and unscriptural money-grabbing scheme, they are left with the dilemma as to how to shame those who are not donating, because contributing is done anonymously.

One possible scenario is that contribution boxes could be removed totally from Kingdom Halls and the publishers issued with banking mandate forms which authorise a certain payment monthly to the Org - purely to save on the hassle of counting the money every week, the administration, and the efficiency of having it all done electronically of course!!

Oh, oh - have I just given them an idea on how to fleece more efficiently?

• rebel8
    rebel8

I did a project a few years ago with ex-Mormons to compare ourselves. There were some really surprising similarities.

A Comparison: Ex-Mormons and Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit