Interestingly disturbing!

by DS211 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• rebel8
    rebel8

I don't think she's being a bitch. Just a good jw wife encouraging her husband to follow the borg rules so big birds don't eat their eyeballs for a snack.

It is the rules not to miss meetings.

• zeb
    zeb

Violia" spot on.

DS211: You work in a medical field? So the wife has no objections to the $$ that comes in? and she was raised in the T right? Hmm thought so. No apparent personality.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Well, according to their teachings, you are the spiritual head of the family, so by saying "don't let it happen again", she is usurping your role. You made a decision, she is supposed to accept it.

Of course, if my husband did that to me he would get an earful, LOL. I am not a JW anymore, so I am not a second class citizen.

• DS211
    DS211

Rebel: haha stop preaching the good news.

and yes she likes the money but ya know how JW "morals" are.

• KariOtt
    KariOtt

Sounds like she doesn't want a roof over her head, food to eat, a phone to use, utilities, and hot water to bathe in. Does she want to be the bread winner? Just saying.

• DS211
    DS211

I had a brother hold up a bible once, and he said

"when u miss a meeting you dont just miss one thing, you miss the talk (removes a finger), the WT (removes a second), then you thursday meeting you miss the bible study (third gone), theocratic ministry school (and he drops the bible). Soon enough Satan has you and you start to have doubts."

looking back now it makes perfect sense...everytime i missed something i started to waiver...the dissonance began...

now i know its because this wasnt supposed to be like this. You dont worship God just because if you dont youll die...that would be bullshit to me. Instead its an internal change to make yourself better...by choice not manipulation.

Most in "Christndom" get it...

• friendaroonie
    friendaroonie

I have never been married but I have been in a few committed long term relationships. My point is that I may not be that experienced in relationships. But this is the second time in a couple of months I have read of a wife or husband laying down the law in a spouse's religious involvement. And being on this board for about 8 years counting a couple of other abandoned and forgotten accounts. I never heard a partner say those words and still be together. On both instances I checked for hyper-bowling, and nope, it all checks out. Do married people so casually make such threats? Those are walking words to me. Or as one poster said b..... words but this time I let someone else get I just could not tolerate such. How common is this?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

yeah man, in time youll reach the boiling point, the problem with still going and a spouse knowing you have doubts ,it gives them hope you will be faithful jw again.so your timinng is important.

• DS211
    DS211

Thanks unstopable. Im staying away from some of the hardcore JW friends and hanging out with a family that is more open minded...their son and daughter have frie ds that arent Jw's and they are non judgmental. But again, im careful what i say to everyone.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

ds2: i remember when i was still going, just hating going to the meetings, it wasnt so much that the mettings were boring and all the same, it was having to go and look and talk to ppl who dont know how i really feel, and knowing if they did they would not speak to me. i hate everything about not being able to be open with ppl. i know its got to be hard for you to bro. keep strong man

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit