Interestingly disturbing!

by DS211 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

@DS211

I think that your spouse have the same problem as most JW,s. They stop think for themselves. They rather prefer to look in some old edition of WT and quote some paragraphs, use that as their brain and relax in thinking I have been talking to God and he gave me the answer.

This is a brain drug and I think that you slowly, step by step, must make you wife understand why God doesn´t speak through the WT. Make it slow and easy, don’t upset her. I have not attended one meeting in many years, but my wife is still and wants to go to “as many meetings” she can. I feel that graduate she have “missed” more and more meetings during the last 2-3 years, and it looks that this doesn’t disturb her to much.

Bugbear

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

I think Blondie is spot on! My ex went ballistic when I stepped down from any "responsibilities" in the congregation. It was as if I torpedoed her plans for being an elder's wife or more. I guess that is why she is the ex...status and perception were more important than marriage!

P.S. - She ended up getting remarried to a guy who was doing substitute CO duty, with hopes of getting "promoted" to full time CO...it isn't hard to see what was important to her. I guess ambitious career climbing comes in all forms!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

TYA: I guess that is why she is the ex...status and perception were more important than marriage!

Amen to that brother. I am a card-carrying member of that club.

Now I'm married to a wonderful woman that never was a JW and loves me for WHO I am, not WHAT I pretend to believe.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

maybe she knows how you feel.

• tec
    tec

It has got to be frustrating for some women in the org, to know that if they were men, they could do that ambitious climbing on their own... but instead they are tied to their husband's ambition (or lack). Makes for a lot of tension and pressure and frustration and disapointment, and that is going to come out in various ways, in the marriage.

That being said, some women are probably truly concerned about their husbands 'spiritual' welfare, as misplaced as their faith might be in the org.

Peace,

tammy

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"I think Jehovah would forgive me for that"

It is sad that people think that Jehovah would hold missing meetings against them as if there was a roll call and attendance record.

The focus is on that a person that is there is more likely to put something in the donation box and when they value the meetings, they will thank the ones who provide them, the CCJW, aka, FDS, by providing for them.

When they get people addicted to the meetings, it is like a membership, like a health club, they know the people will be coming back week after week and pay their dues. That way they don't have to advertise for new members like non-member clubs to get them to pay.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit