Circuit Overseer who gave talk at Twickenham is DIsfellowshipped

by usualusername 62 Replies latest jw friends

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Gayle: If the person's name was "announced" on the platform, then it is already 'public.'

Not to mention that the umpteen number of circuits and congregations where he served already know or soon will know.

So what's his name?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Not to mention his being a CO makes him a public figure. Its' not like your talking about his children, that would be different.

• SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker
    SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker

Easy way to handle the name is to use a Anagram of the first and last name. I have been through a "libel" case and your concern is valid if any of your information can be construed as inaccuarte causing potential damages to their good name. It's best not to broadcast personal names on the Message Boards for your own safety and sanity. It's easy to understand why you would wish to publish his name if that individual caused you emotional harm by their overly-rigtheous conduct. Don't broadcast their name, it's not worth the hell you might pay, I won my case but it was not worth all the time and garbage dealing with legal leaches.

• sspo
    sspo

Half of the United States most likely already knows that he was DF.

It was a public announcement that he was DF. Revealing his name is not a big thing but you should not reveal what he did since it was not announced to the congregation.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

In this country I know of a DO who became an apostate, and latter went to splitsville with the misses. I know of 1 CO who split with his misses shortly after coming off circut work and I know another CO who split with his misses while on circuit work, and I heard he is now a police officer.

• steve2
    steve2

Do posters think through their OP before pushing the submit key

? There are few more annoying things that someone who starts a thread and announces they can't say this and they can't say that, but blab, blab, blab. Don't post such coquettish nonsense in the first place, please. Talk about the JW gossip mill - it's a tiresomely breathless leftover from the stuffy kingdom halls.

• friendaroonie
    friendaroonie

What do you mean by "talk in Twickenbobbie?" The way you use it sounds like you are saying THE talk in Twickenhammy as if to say there was this one really big talk given in a really special place that everyone knows about. Or are you just say that he gave an ordinary talk in an ordinary place, just a regular old talk.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Steve I've got no problem with telling you, as I'm guessing you may know them.

• steve2
    steve2

Hi joe - I couldn't imagine knowing any Witnesses from England - isn't that where Twickenham is?

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

The only reason I would be interested in a CO being d'fd is if he woke up and then I could be happy.

The name is not so important unless he starts posting here so we could welcome him but a pseudonym is still fine.

Personally I don't need further proof holy spirit doesn't exist (can be fooled if you still believe in it) but I imagine it is a very important "proof" to those trying to wake up a loved one especially if he is a prominent and well known CO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit