Returning to jwn

by chellechellereturns 22 Replies latest jw friends

• chellechellereturns
    chellechellereturns

Comatose that is exactly what I've been thinking on the otherwise of the coin. Hard to make a decision

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome back.

But yet they want me to drop off my son for them to spend time with as long as I dont speak to them when I do.

It must be hard as a single mum, and so you would need their help, but this is fraught with danger. They want your son without you there so as to indoctrinate him. It will create problems between you and your son, when he starts telling you that Jehovah doesn't love you and that you will die at Armageddon, or that you are not a good mother because you do not love Jehovah. Think twice before taking them up on their offer. They will not respect your request regarding not speaking about the religion, because they think his eternal life is at stake.

You are being abused and manipulated by your family, and need to stand up on your own if you are to retain any self respect and be able to prevent your child being put through the same cycle of abuse you have suffered all your life.

• jgnat
    jgnat

It's all right while he is so small, but your baby boy should never get the idea that it is OK to shun his mommy. You don't deserve this treatment. Ever.

Your mom needs a wake-up call. She CAN lose grandma rights if she does not behave better.

In the meantime, I am eager for you to find new sources of support and encouragement. As you know so painfully, it is terribly hard to try and do this all on your own.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Hey there, hello.

So sorry to hear your troubles.

Remember that shit happens in lives whether we are in mind-control cults or not. The lousy treatment from family is caused by the cult, and there are plenty of "brothers" that could treat you like shit, perhaps beating you or making you pioneer to help them become an elder. Many 17 year old girls in the cult would have gotten married then and wound up in bad situations too.

Anyway, take care of your child and be on guard about family breaking their promise to refrain from JW stuff.

• chellechellereturns
    chellechellereturns

I just got a msgfrom someone on here telling me it'd be better. If I went back to the witnesses and better for my child. That they did so after twenty years and they hope I don't wait that long.....

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

There are many programs out there for women in your situation. Go to the DHS in the area and they will help you with food stamps, child care, housing, maybe education. Other people have been helped, so why not you? Then when you can get a little stability and a little time under your belt, you can make a good decision as to your parents and child visitation. Best of everything. Love.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Sounds like you have had a really tough time, I'm so sorry. At least you have you son to take care of and keep you going. And the process of learning how to take care and provide for him will help you grow and become more mature, so that you will help you in many areas in life. I am sorry your family chooses to let a publishing company tell them how to relate to their own daughter, but that's on them. Nothing in the rules say that they could not even be in the same room with you, so it seems they gave you and extra helping of "shame on you". I don't think you have to take your child to them, but I can understand that you would like him to have his grandparents in his life, and maybe help you with child care. Be careful that they don't put any ideas in his head about the Watchtower teachings.

You have been through a lot, so give yourself a pat on the back and keep moving on in your life.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

They sound to be totally immersed in the JW brainwash. You owe it to your son to cut free of all that is JW.

I agree with whoever said get all the help that is available to single mums where you live. It does sound as if your grandma is on your side. The best thing would be a two-pronged plan to talk with those of your family who are sympathetic, but secondly to rebuild your own life.

Where do you live in the world? If you're in Britain, there is a lot of help out there for young mums, free nursery places if you're working on a low income and help in all sorts of ways. Contact the Citizens' Advice Bureau, and you might also like to contact one of the ecumenically-minded local ministers or priests in your area, because they are familiar with picking up and beginning to heal the damage caused by cults like the Watchtower. You might even find help from a Women's Refuge, because whst the Watchtower does is abuse.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome back chellechellereturns, I'm sorry that your JW family is being so manipulative. For your son's emotional well-being I hope that you are able to establish boundaries that your JW family will honor like no preaching to your son or reading WTBTS propaganda to him.

If you are unable to reach an agreement with your JW family that protects your son's and your human rights, I would recommend that you read Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and (his latest book) "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs"), visit his website www.freedomofmind.com, and/or watching his videos on his website.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

You might want to check single moms meetup in your area at www.meetup.com, Not every city has one, maybe you can start a new group for your city. Good Luck!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit