I'm home but hiding

by LB 26 Replies latest jw friends

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    Living on a military base I no longer get the opportunity to experience the JW devotee knock knock knockin at the door. THANK GOD for military regulations against soliciting on Post.

Just watch out when you go off post. They are still looking to indoctrinate the military, when they can. I even heard they have a special form for ones found in the military to claim becoming a dub to get out.

On a similar note, when I was stationed in Germany in the early 70s, I even was "visited" when I lived off post. What I found strange, is that as soon as I opened the door, they started their speech in perfect English. What I never discovered was how they knew it was Americans living in the apartment?

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

Witness Protection Program that is funny. Funny thing is a friend and me called on a house that actually was a FBI safe house. We got about 30 feet to the front door when some guy came out with a badge and a gun behind his back. Needless to say that house was taken off of the KH maps.

Dear Lord, please save me from your followers.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

"Anyone do the hiding thing ever??"

Awww, LB, I sure did, and hated myself for hours afterwards every time it happened. I SO resented the CONTROL they had over me (or that I ALLOWED them to have) and I finally got to the point of leaving the TV/radio on, and letting them KNOW I was here (they KNEW it anyway-they'd knock on the door MINUTES after my husband left for work) the cowards!

I would be four steps from my front door, on the computer, and breaking into shakes/sweats typing away furiously to an XJW-online support group, just to touch base with those who had been through it before me and who understood all the emotions involved.......

It really stinks----the "hold" they have over those who cannot leave, but WANT to......

lotsa hugs,

Annie

Shredded families and ruined lives;
    The WBTS has MUCH to answer for......

Hugs,

Sunspot

• LB
    LB
    It really stinks----the "hold" they have over those who cannot leave, but WANT to......

I sure agree about that. We discussed the hold they have over us last night at dinner. I am beginning to think we really want to DA ourselves. We won't as that again is giving into them. Can't win I guess.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• Matty
    Matty

LB

Speaking as one those who "cannot leave, but want to", this is what scares me most about turning my back on the whole thing. Because you can't as long as you have family that are still there. Do you feel jealous of JWs that are on their own - with no family ties? I do! They can make a decision to leave - and leave straight away - and wash their hands of the whole thing by DA'ing themselves - that would be luxury for us, wouldn't it? No, but that LOVE thing gets in the way, the love you have for your son - and the love I have for my mum and dad.

Sheesh!

• TR
    TR

Never hid from JW's, but when I was a senior in high school, I had recruiters from every branch of the military knocking on my door. I was just a kid who enjoyed electronics. I built circuit boards for projects like a digital slot machine and a fuzz box for my guitar.

I remember them coming to the door. I could see them from the upstairs window. Just stayed there, watching. Finally, I DID go to the navy recruiter and took the first battery of tests. After that was done, I decided I wanted to stay working where I was. The company folded a few years later, and I wished I had joined the Navy. Oh well.

TR

UADNA-WA
    Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America- Washington Division

• LB
    LB

Matty of course I feel a bit jealous of those who can just walk away without any family problems. But then there are those who've had their familes ripped away from them. So I guess I don't have it so bad.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit