I'm home but hiding

by LB 26 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey LB,you had dubs at the door and you didn`t invite them in?Hell,I can`t get them to call at my door.Every time I see them on our street,I get the BBQ going and wait for them to call.They walk right past my house every time.I haven`t had roast dub in ages.I got a really big BBQ,you can roast a whole dub in it(or two small ones).I`ve got to find some way to get them in the yard.Theres nothing like roast dub and a cold beer.Next time they call send them my way.Roast dub,its whats for dinner...OUTLAW

• jaded
    jaded

LOL at "home but hiding". We used to write down "HBH" on our not at home slips when we knew someone was home but not answering. Hubby and I did the HBH thingy on the Saturday before the memorial. Figure they must have decided to invite us after not seeing us for a few years. Or maybe they have another reason? Who knows? Oh well, didn't even bother to turn off the TV. Figured maybe that way they would get the hint. Haven't seen them since.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

LB,

What works for a lot of JWs, who don't want any official sanctioned label on them, is to say I have a lot of questions and doubts, but I'm not comfortable sharing them with you. Of course, the elders or PO or CO will persist in trying to find out what they are, but just keep repeating the above line. Don't bother trying to witness to them unless you want to be DF'd.

If you do DA, can you predict what would happen with you and your son?
    Are you going to lose the relationship? Or would your son follow in your tracks and DA also? Is it worth the risk?

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

I feel left out. They never come knocking at my door anymore. The last ones that appeared, about two years ago, came up when I wasn't home. I drove up in the driveway just as they were walking away. I greeted them cordially and they mumbled something about they were just working their territory. LOL, they pretty near ran to the next house.

Hmmm, could I be marked on the back of the territory card?

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

LB LOL what are the chances they just had to use the toilet? hahahahahaha

http://ourworld.cs.com/pwmkwzy/home.html
    http://my.cybersoup.com/wierdchit

• Valis
    Valis

LB, next time they come tell them you're in the Witness Protection Plan and if they don't go away members of the Unseen Apostate Directorate will be paying them a visit for dinner. heheh...that's how you turn their paranoia into the highlite of your day.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• teejay
    teejay

LB,

I understand not wanting to answer the door if you don’t want to. Most times if I’m home alone, I don’t answer the door or the phone. I don’t even check the caller ID to see who it is.

But you seemed to suggest that you were AFRAID to answer the door. Where you? If so, why? I’ve been inactive for years, my wife goes to the meetings, and I STILL can’t get a shepherding call. What’s up wit dat?

tj ~ feeling neglected

• LB
    LB

Hey the Drama continues. Had a second car group show up just a few minutes ago. I must be on a list

I wasn't afraid to talk to them, I just didn't feel like dealing with it. The second car I approached and before anyone could exit I told them I was busy and they should just head someplace else now. The door was quickly shut and they left.

Mega my son most likely would sneak around to visit me, but his wife would really make life miserable for him. He won't DA himself and if I thought he would I would send in the letter right now. He isn't a believer and attends meetings but he is inactive and plans to stay that way.

Imagine that, I also couldn't get a visit for about a year, now they are coming over in caravans. Too funny.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Living on a military base I no longer get the opportunity to experience the JW devotee knock knock knockin at the door. THANK GOD for military regulations against soliciting on Post.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

LB,

I know the feeling...got a visit this morning around 10:30. I was on the internet at this "apostate site." I dove underneath the desk and hid there, not making a sound. I'm angry at them for making me do such ridiculous things, and especially mad at myself for being such a wimp. I just don't have my thoughts in order for a confrontation.

Saint Satan

i agree with you about answering the door. Any one who comes to my front door will be left standing there. It's always someone trying to sell me something I don't want, religious or otherwise.

Free

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit