I'm home but hiding

by LB 26 Replies latest jw friends

• LB
    LB

As I type this witnesses are knocking at my door. It's funny. Usually I'd be content to go have some fun but not today. I can't believe I'm doing this. Second knock as I type. It's the PO and his wife. Oh well, maybe I'm on a list? They are walking away now, I'm clear and ready to turn the TV back on.

Anyone do the hiding thing ever??

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• flower
    flower

lol thats funny LB..

i did that a few times with the jc committee was after me. it was wierd being on that end of the door. but i liked it. kinda like telling them to go f themselves.

• Matty
    Matty

Yes, we sometimes hide when the witnesses come to call, but that's because everyone in my family are witnesses themselves and so the call is usually because they want to use the toilet - we then feel compelled to give them some coffee and a bite to eat!

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

I did the hiding thing for over a year. We would get very quiet and almost stop breathing for fear that they would hear us. Then I got tired of it and the last time they came here, I stood at the front door looking out the little "peep hole" in the door and said loudly "Oh, it's the Witnesses again." I didn't answer the door and they haven't come back to specifically talk to me again. I only get them from the Spanish Congregation.

• LB
    LB

They have just driven past the gate and I knew I should have locked it. My wife just said we need to think about DAing ourselves. At times like this I do feel it would be a relief, but it would cause trouble with my married son.

So I'll help her to avoid doing that. But it is a temptation.

Matty our home used to be a breakstop for a long time. We live many miles from the closet potty and cargroups would always stop here to use the toliet, back when we were active. After becoming inactive they've avoided coming by here like the plague. Them sisters would rather squat in a bush than get contaminated I guess

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• Satanus
    Satanus

I sometimes don't answer the door when they call. We have no obligations to open doors to people we would rather not face. It's just not obligatory, imo. Same goes for answering phones. My home is my most holy place. *uc* 'em.

SS

• Nikita
    Nikita

LB, that is too funny! I can remember when I was the one "knocking" and I knew they were home!

Where I live, now, I have seen maybe one JW ever at our door in say 10 years! I have seen Mormons a bit more maybe like 3 times.

I usually let my husband handle them! He loves it!

Nikita

• Matty
    Matty

Its funny how we feel compelled to answer...

I think there are designated "toilet stops" on each of the territory maps - and we're one of them! I think another metaphor is dying to be made here...

I have called on "inactive" (yuck, hate that word) ones and just talked about anything and everything and didn't even mention religion. Thats my favourite kind of call!

...still counted my time though!!

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

It is a difficult situation LB and I sympathize with you.

To maintain a relationship with your son you remain an "inactive member" yet in doing so you unwillingly subject yourself to their unannounced visits.

I always found those rude. The unannounced "sheperding" calls. Do you think THEY want someone coming to THEIR door unexpected? Yet they have no problem coming to someone else's home uninvited.

Well, I was inactive before so I know what the visits are like.

Under the pretense of "sheperding" they are just seeing why you have not been attending, and actually in most cases I find them to be rather subtly condescending in statements made too.

Know this though, after I sent in my 35 pg letter to the WTS and the local KH exposing pictures, documents, information, etc on the UN affiliation, blood doctrine changes, organ transplant changes, rape changes, generation doctrine changes, 1975 fiasco, pictures and directions to Russell's gravesite with the WT Pyramid Memorial w/ Cross, print outs of the Pay Attention Book masking pedophilia, and more.. they have not bothered me ONCE.

Hell, they havent even worked in field service on this block!

I sincerely wish the best for you LB. Do what is best for you friend.

It is not religious persecution for an informed person to expose publicly a certain religion as being false, thus allowing persons to see the difference between false religion and true religion.
    WT 11/15/1963 page 688 paragraph 3

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

LB, a friend of mine had jw's come to her door also this morning. She called to tell me she gave them hell. LOL

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit