My Mom

by Nikita 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Nikita
    Nikita

8 years ago, today, my Mom passed away as a result of Ovarian Cancer at the very young age of 48. I was pregnant with her first and only grandchild. 1994 was both a difficult and blessed year for me! Here is a picture of her:

I sure do miss her!

Nikita

• Xena
    Xena

Nikita my thoughts are with you. I lost my mom a little over 3 years ago to colon cancer. I miss her too!

• Celia
    Celia

Nikita,
    So sorry, {{{Hugs}}}
    Your Mom was a beautiful woman,
    only 48 ! Makes you think, doesn't it : I am 49...
    {{{Hugs again}}}

• Solace
    Solace

Welcome.
    Im am so sorry.
    She was very young.

Xena,
    I didnt know.
    Im sorry.

Celia,
    It does make you think.
    You just never know.
    I pray that I live long enough to meet and get to know my grandchildren and hopefully great grandchildren.

• LB
    LB

I still miss my mom Nikita. Never easy thinking about it. Sorry she didn't get to see your baby.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• COMF
    COMF

She is lovely, Nikita. 48... that's how old I am now. I love my life, but I do take it for granted sometimes. You've reminded me to appreciate the moments as they come.

Life in the present... it's all there is. It can be wonderful, if we let it.

Come, fill the cup, and in the fire of spring
    Your winter-garment of repentance fling:
    The bird of Time has but a little way
    To flutter--and the bird is on the wing.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I am so sorry. Death is so hard to accept. She was a beauty, wasn't she. 48 is just so young.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• flower
    flower

(((((nikita/biggs)))))) I'm very sorry u lost your mom. I'm glad you are able to pass her memory on to your child, that way she'll live on in your hearts.

Take care today,

flower

• Nikita
    Nikita

Thank you all for the warm greetings and "hugs".

Whether she was 48 or 98 I think the hurt would be just as awful-I just always dreamt of her being a big part of my daughters life-and she was waiting "patiently" for me to finally have one! Lol!

Thanks again!

Nikita

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

{{{{{Nikita and Everyone}}}}}

I'm sorry to hear about your mama. I lost my mom a couple of years ago to breast cancer. She was 73. I miss her. Even if she was disfuntional with the whole j.w. thing, she was still my mother and I loved her. I think she did the best she could do. Mother's Day will be tough for alot of friends here. A sad day indeed
    You mother was truly a beautiful woman Nikita.
    I bet she was a lot of fun, she looks like she would have been.

Tink =:o)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit