My Mom

by Nikita 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

I lost my mother two years ago; she was 91. I miss her as if she was on her 40s... same thing... a mother is a mother and we will miss their warm... I'm sorry Nikita your mother didn't get to know your child... for the ones who believe, she will. Or rather, she does... Never the less, we will be together thinking about our mothers on Mother's Day... it is a consolation. Warm thouhgts to all, love,

Yadira

• Dawn
    Dawn

Nikita:

My thoughts are with you. Your mother was a beautiful woman!

• Prisca
    Prisca

((((nikita)))))

My thoughts and hugs go out to you. I lost my mum to lung and breast cancer 21 years ago this June. She was only 55 at the time.

Do you ever do something special on the anniversary of her death, as a way of remembering her? I usually buy a large bunch of red roses (her favourite) and put them in my lounge room for all to see. I was only 11 when she died, but I still have loving memories of her.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Very sorry to hear this about your mom. I lost my mother 15 yrs ago , she was only 35 yrs old. The lose is something that never goes away. My mom never got to see her grandkids either and I get very sad thinking of how my children have been deprived of her love, a love they never got to even see. She too, begged me to have a baby as soon as possible ,so I know she would have loved and spoiled my kids . The only comfort I have ,is to remember her everday and never let her memory die. I tell my kids every little detail about her and at least they feel they know her too. This is one reason why I so despertly want to know what happens to us when we die, I want to have hope that we can be together some day , somewhere. I miss her so much. Thanks for sharing your story with us. Lots of love to you.

• Nikita
    Nikita

Wow, it's amazing to me that people I don't know respond so kindly. It sounds like you all have a story to tell about your own Mom's.
    I've been encouraged by your comments and hugs!

I believe very deeply that I will see my Mom again one day and that she is much happier where she is now!

Thanks again y'all! (That's my southern transplantation comin' out!)

Nikita
    P.S. Here's a pic of "Nana's Granddaughter"
    Her name means "God is Gracious"

• Nikita
    Nikita

Yeah for me!!!! I'm finally a Junior Member!

Nikita

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Nikita, she was beautiful! My mother is my best friend. I think most of us womens mothers are such. A mothers love can never be replaced.

I've thought many times what I would do if she died before me. There is a country song i've heard that makes me cry every time I hear it, since it reminds me that one day I could lose her, but also that time will ease the pain. I think the song is called............How can I help you, to say good bye. If I can find the lyrics to the song I will post it for you.

Lilacs

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • Nikita
    Nikita

Lilacs-

If that is the song by Patty Loveless-I have heard it-in fact it was just out around the time of my Mom's death, I believe! I can remember listening to it on the way back home to her Service and crying uncontrollably at how timely it was. It still chokes me up when I hear it! (In a good way) If you find the words that would be great!

Nikita

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

My best wishes to you Nikita - you had a very lovely mother (love that hat!) and your deep feelings about her are truly a reflection of your shared love. She will forever remain alive in the memories of her family.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I found it!

How Can I Help You To Say Goodbye?
    (Burton Banks Collins/Karen Good Taylor)

Through the back window of a '59 wagon
    I watched my best friend Jamie slippin' further away
    I kept on waving 'till I couldn't see her
    And through my tears, I asked again why we couldn't stay
    Mama whispered softly, Time will ease your pain
    Life's about changing, nothing ever stays the same

And she said, How can I help you to say goodbye?
    It's OK to hurt, and it's OK to cry
    Come, let me hold you and I will try
    How can I help you to say goodbye?

I sat on our bed, he packed his suitcase
    I held a picture of our wedding day
    His hands were trembling, we both were crying
    He kissed me gently and then he quickly walked away
    I called up Mama, she said, Time will ease your pain

Sitting with Mama alone in her bedroom
    She opened her eyes, and then squeezed my hand
    She said, I have to go now, my time here is over
    And with her final word, she tried to help me understand
    Mama whispered softly, Time will ease your pain

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit