Unconfirmed 2014 Year Book Numbers - Peak Pubs, Baptized, Hrs, Reg Pio & Studies

by OwnAccord 97 Replies latest jw friends

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Roll up, roll up, get everlasting life in paradise here....

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

WAIT... THERE'S STILL 2 MONTHS LEFT IN THE YEAR, AND THEY ALREADY HAVE NUMBERS?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Calebs Airplane:

WAIT... THERE'S STILL 2 MONTHS LEFT IN THE YEAR, AND THEY ALREADY HAVE NUMBERS?

The JW "service yearâ„¢" starts in September and ends in August. Because of the reason. (Most likely because Tishri generally begins in September, and Tishri is magical in JW dogma.)

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

If ENRON could get away with fudging numbers for a long time even with government oversight. Just think of all the fudging the Watchtower Corporation can do with absolutely NO OVERSIGHT whatsoever. It's all about faking the numbers...

Service Overseer: Brother Jones, it appears you haven't turned in any time yet. Did you talk to someone about Jehovah last month for at least 15 minutes?

Questionable Publisher: Well... let me think...

Service Overseer: Hold that thought. I'm noting on my form that you're still REGULAR. We'll talk later, OK?

Questionable Publisher: ok

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Jeffro... I've been out for so long that I had forgotten that... thanks

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

smiddy,

the crowd is, .....wait for it....... you know the answer......

invisable

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And I wonder how many of those were because Brother Hounder guilted them into at least turning in a fake time slip, or people turning in fake time slips so they look good. And, if Brother Hounder turns in fake time slips in behalf of those who did nothing to make the congregation look good to the hounder-hounder, that inflates the numbers.

Add to that the number of children under 18, those who are guilted to turn in time slips or even go in field circus by family, and those whose jobs or homes (and sometimes both) depend on remaining in the cancer, and that can eat away quite a few of the numbers. There are too many that have to actually do field circus because they are under age or they cannot survive outside the cancer because of bad training. I feel that, if you take out those who are doing it for reasons other than pure love for joke-hova, and you could get the numbers below 3 million. Too many use this religion as a blind to molest children or otherwise abuse people, and those numbers inflate the balance as certainly as fake time slips.

• factfinder
    factfinder

While some may have faked fs report slips, the elder who studied with me, congregation secretary-was as strict as could be. I went out in FS with some who had not turned in fs reports. I told him I knew they got in time because I worked with them!

He said they have to turn in a report-since they did not they were not counted and got "0" hours on their cards for the month.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Let me tell you a true story. When I started waking up to TTATT, problably about 5 years ago, I fudged my time. Not to be intentionally dishonest, but I estimated quite a bit. I am sure that zero% of JWs are 100% accurate when counting time. For instance, we had a real Douche MS, a real go-getter. I mean this guy was the shizz, in his own mind. He gave the most annoying, " We are better because we pioneer" parts and all that..

So anyway, we go in service with this dude and his wife. We were "invited". Probably so that we could be encouraged, since I was in the perpetual "reaching out" phase of all non-apointed dubs. So this guy SLEEPS in the front seat for 2 hours and counts his time! TIME was all important because he was trying to make Elder and progress, and impress the CO. The wanted to go to Gilead or something, some arrangement that was dissolved before they made it,...so sad for them really. They devoted years for a goal that was wiped away by the ORG. So THIS time fixation is a "powerful work" that's all it is, nothing else. Just research how much TIME it takes to make 1 JW.

Also, I never made my bones in the ORG. Couldn't get appointed to save my soul. There was always something. In the end it came down to 1 thing, and I quote, " VISIBLE SERVICE." The real funny thing is that I was under investigation for apostasy. Why? I spoke out against some things, one being the unscriptural rules that are used to "scripturally" judge people, VISIBLE service being one of the biggest offenders.

Our Secretary always loses field service reports. It's just funny, I am not slamming the guy, but it's true. I cannot count the amount of times that my FS report is lost. So what happens a month later when I get a call? I have to estimate my time because I can't remember exactly. How many times and in how many congregations does that happen? The latest developement is that my time has been lost all the way back to May, i think. LOL!! So now what? What do I say when they ask me for my time? It's so sacred that you can't be appointed without enough of it, you are labled by the amount of time you put in, it defines your future role in the ORG of JAH!! I was on trial for saying we place too much emphasis on it. I was told that if a you meet all the "scriptural" requirements, you still may NOT be appointed because of TIME! VISIBLE SERVICE/ TIME trumps the scriptures, yet it's okay to just make something up?!

DD

• Gayle
    Gayle

If they have the "worldwide" tallied up already, then they have it tallied up for all the individual countries also. I know for the worldwide, poor and third world areas will always have their increases, the earthly paradise "soon" will always have such an appeal to such desperate areas, and individuals.

Anxious to see U.S. figures and Europe. I know statistics can "lie," but sometimes the facts still leak through.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit