Unconfirmed 2014 Year Book Numbers - Peak Pubs, Baptized, Hrs, Reg Pio & Studies

by OwnAccord 97 Replies latest jw friends

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

"creative accounting"= publishers and pioneer fudging + headquarters fudging

• pixel
    pixel

@ Redvip

"Since these numbers are compiled internally we will never know, even though there is no reason or evidence to think they are being dishonest. What we have seen in the past is a shuffling game with the numbers and the way they are counted as to appear more than what they are.

Any elder or MS exposed to how the secretary of the cong. "massages" the numbers will know that they are not really being honest. And, since these numbers are a reflection of what the congregations sends, they are not very accurate.

"Also the peak publisher numbers is a good example of how they work the count to make them seem bigger."

Yeah, tryin to make appear something bigger than what it is in not very honest.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Any elder or MS exposed to how the secretary of the cong. "massages" the numbers will know that they are not really being honest. And, since these numbers are a reflection of what the congregations sends, they are not very accurate....Yeah, tryin to make appear something bigger than what it is in not very honest.

That argument can be made, but in my opinion there is a big difference between "massaging" the numbers, and blatanly fabricating results.

For example, i work for a multinational corporation. A few days ago we reported on quarterly results where overall there was a decrease of 4% when compared to this quarter last year.

We could have well just said that - we lost 4%. Instead we reported that when taking in consideration the dollar exchange rate and one product where the patent expired we actually were up 2%.

Did we "massage" the situation a little? Certainly... Were we dishonest? I would say we weren't.

• konceptual99
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Points to remember when considering JW statistics:

1) Andre' mentioned 26 times in the CD Library. 24 of 26 times Andre' is a youth who finds "the truth."

2) EVERY SINGLE MISQUOTE AND DECEPTIVE QUOTE .....EVER http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/misquotes-deception-lies.php

3)

Six Convincing Lines of Evidence 13 First, we clearly see the fulfillment of the apostle Paul’s prophecy concerning “the last days.” Paul wrote: “In the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away. But wicked men and impostors will advance from bad to worse, misleading and being misled.” (2 Timothy 3:1-5, 13) Do we not see this prophecy being fulfilled in our day? Only those who ignore the facts can deny it! 14 Second, we see the effects of the ouster of Satan and his demons from heaven, in fulfillment of Revelation 12:9. There, we read: “Down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him.” This has resulted in great woe for the earth. Truly, there has been much woe for mankind, particularly since 1914. But the prophecy in Revelation adds that when the Devil is cast down to the earth, he knows that “he has a short period of time.” (Revelation 12:12) During this period, Satan wages war with the anointed followers of Christ. (Revelation 12:17) We certainly have seen the effects of his attack in our time. Soon, however, Satan will be confined in the abyss so that “he might not mislead the nations anymore.”—Revelation 20:1-3. 15 Third, we are living in the time of the eighth and final “king” mentioned in the prophecy recorded at Revelation 17:9-11. Here the apostle John mentions seven kings, representing seven world powers—Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, Rome, and the Anglo-American dual world power. He also sees “an eighth king” that “springs from the seven.” This eighth king—the last one that John envisions—now represents the United Nations. John says that this eighth king “goes off into destruction,” after which no further earthly kings are mentioned. 16 Fourth, we are living in the period symbolized by the feet of Nebuchadnezzar’s dream image. The prophet Daniel interpreted this mysterious dream of an enormous image in human form. (Daniel 2:36-43) The four metallic parts of the image represent various world powers, beginning with the head (the Babylonian Empire) and extending down to the feet and toes (the governments that are ruling today). All the world powers represented in that image have made their appearance. We are living in the period symbolized by the feet of the image. No mention is made of other powers to come. 17 Fifth, we see a global preaching work being accomplished,[ " BEING ACCOMPLISHED" CAN GO ON FOR AN ETERNITY ] which Jesus said would take place just before the end of this system. Jesus stated: “This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.” (Matthew 24:14) Today, that prophecy is in the course of fulfillment on an unprecedented scale. True, untouched territories still exist, and it may be that in Jehovah’s due time, a large door leading to greater activity will open. (1 Corinthians 16:9) Nevertheless, the Bible does not state that Jehovah will wait until every individual on earth has received a personal witness. Rather, the good news must be preached to Jehovah’s satisfaction. Then the end will come.—Compare Matthew 10:23. 18 Sixth, the number of genuine anointed disciples of Christ is dwindling, though some will evidently still be on earth when the great tribulation begins. Most of the remnant are quite elderly, and over the years the number of those who are truly anointed has been getting smaller. Yet, referring to the great tribulation, Jesus stated: “Unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.” (Matthew 24:21, 22) Evidently, then, some of Christ’s “chosen ones” will still be on earth when the great tribulation begins.

4) 100% FAILURE RATE FOR ACCURATE PROPHECY http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/259288/1/Upcoming-KM-Why-we-are-not-False-Prophets#.UnQEmXCTySo

DD

• dog is god
    dog is god

I don't trust any numbers they give out. I know too many that lied about their time. You know the super 8 and their heavenly bean counters are no better.

• sspo
    sspo

277k baptized

That's the kind of number we used to get when there were only 5-6 million pubs.

With almost 8million publishers the numbers shoulb be much better than that.

Anyway, very few are coming in but 12-17 year olds born in the organization

• pixel
    pixel

I understand what you mean redvip2000, but I know of cases where the secretary asks a publisher:

Secretary: Sister X, did you preach last month? I did not get your slip.

Sister X: No, I was too sick and going everyday to the doctor.

Secretary: (Without showing empathy), I understand, but you didnt even preached to somebody at the hospital?

Sister X: Uhh...Im not sure but I guess I did.

Secretary: Of course you did! lets put down two hours so you dont count as irregular.

I know of stories like this where the secretary assumes you preached. So, for me, that's dishonest and massaging the numbers at its finest.

Peace out.

• scotoma
    scotoma

These figures are pure propaganda.

Example: Some called our stand "the best in the whole fair".

Compare that with the number who attended: More than 500,000 attended.

If you get 500,000 people to attend an event is "some called our stand "the best in the whole fair" significant?

Was there a vote? "Some" is an evasively ambiguous non-quantity.

Of the 500,000 that attended 400 filled out follow up forms. That's 0.0008. Nothing to brag about.

Probably less than 400 felt the display was "the best in the whole fair>"

Then there is the setup they're planning for Mexico. In business that's called an opportunity. But based on the pittyful results from the crowd in Columbia they will probably be fortunate to get 72 follow up forms.

Since maybe 3% of studies get baptized we're talking a net result from the Columbia and Mexican event would be at best 14 new JW's.

So you have to ignore the size of the alleged audience and think about the REAL results. Big numbers by themselves aren't worth cheering.

Bulgaria did a little better. But considering the audience it was very unique and actually disadvantaged.

Romania was given as an example of those thirsting for Watchtowers. They again give a large number of around 4 million people in Romania who live in small towns and villages. But what about the other 18 million people in Romania that don't live in small towns and villages? They happen to live in cities with better internet than the USA. How much success are you going to have once the villagers (conservative family oriented) learn about shunning their families? But they targeted a good area. Close to 32,000 studies started. They should get at least 1,000 new members from that effort. The local priests are going to apply a lot of heat.

Sounds like the squeal of spinning tires.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Thanks for the info from the report!

I remember when you had to conduct a BS for an hour at least 3 times a month to be able to count it as a study.

how many of these 9 million studies meet these qualifications?

What was once a 15 minute return visit at a door is now counted as a "Bible Study".

How many of the 277,000 baptized are adults?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit