Categories of Former Jehovah's Witnesses

by neverendingjourney 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Stirred
    Stirred

I must be a subset of 2 or separate. Im still in and believe many teachings still. I have no desire plunge into a debauched life. no desire to celebrate xmas, etc. but i feel power corrupts and Jew's never could prove truly faithful, always adding burdens, judging, etc. and is similar that way to JW. Shows they still canj lookmforward tombeing diciplined by Jah and aren't so clean as suggested in 1919. They have much blood and guilt to attone for.

Jews were not to disregard Jah do to Eli, his sons, or other corrupt leaders. I think that situation parallels today womewhat. Atleast, that is where im at right now.

peace

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Although I'm technically not an ex-JW yet, I would be in group 3, which is to say that I'm very eager to move on with my life and find some use for what's left of it. At the same time, I am still very interested in the Bible and religion. Not as a believer, but as someone who is enjoying deconstructing everything he believed and replacing those useless bits of pretend knowledge with actual knowledge.

If I ever do speak to a believing Witness as an "apostate", I want to really know my stuff. I've already learned so much in a short time that blows my mind (for instance, just today learning about how the Jews didn't know what the sun was, as preserved in Gen 1:3, 4, 14-18), but there's a lot more to learn. And it's genuinely interesting to me. Finally I can learn what the Bible was really all about. But at some point I may lose interest in that, too, at which point I will probably have fully moved on as an ex-JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit