Most Irritating Thing About The Jw's

by integ 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

all of the above and...

JW's assume they have full rights to your possessions, your house, your car and your petrol. If you're on holiday well surely they should get to house-sit and enjoy something better than their existence. Gatherings arranged and assumed that your house will be used although you're asked as an afterthought. That people decide you need to give strangers a lift home or collect people that live a long way away when clearly you are not a taxi-driver.

That whatever you contribute in terms of time, energy, resources - this is almost instantly forgotten. You are judged by last month's "report" (whatever that piece of paper really achieves) and not for years of previous service.

The judging. that brother shouldn't have spent so much on a car, this sister is wearing a new dress again bla bla. The endless judging of what people have and what they do with their time and that they feel they have the right to give "advice" on the topic. Ironically I've never known a more materialistic, time wasting bunch of people.

mmxiv

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Smugness is what woke me up after 60+ years.

"I can live with questions that can't be answered, but I can't live with answers that can't be questioned."

eyeuse2badub

• pronomono
    pronomono

....and how they don't give a damn about you until they "need" something from you, such as use of your house for field service.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Their persecution complex, which makes it damn near impossible to get anywhere with them using facts and logic.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

I would have much more respect and admiration if they would just be HUMBLE enough to say "Hey. We don't have all the answers but we're trying our best.

How could they justify excommunicating disobedient members if they admit to only having a best guess of what god might want from them?

• BU2B
    BU2B

Im with MSconcerned. I cant stand their gloating, were better than this future bird food attitude they have, especially when in field circus. I hate how they shamelessly pick out the houses they want after armageddon, the same house you just saw beautiful family in and kids playing. I cant stand the fakeness of many of their attitudes, just speaking to you at all because they have too. I hate how they think the whole world is all deluded, when in reality they are some of the most deluded people on earth! Kind of like the mental patient who thinks everyone else is crazy!

I hate how they think that someone will die at armageddon, for not listening to someones ill prepared stale presentation early on a Saturday morning, or for not seeing the undeniable truth in the flimsy WT+Awake Litter-a-Trash. They seem to be so pompus, self assured, self righteous, and elitist. Has there ever been a group of janitors, window-washers, and lawn mowers who think they are better than the rest of the world?

I hate the scorn they have for scientists, scholars, and society in general, exept for when they are using them for their own ends and twisting what they say. I think back to Anthony Morris (the turd) when he at the AGM was speaking with scorn in his voice and on his face when talking about how "we are not impressed by the worldly intelligensia" Thats the same attitude they pass on to average R+F JWs.

• Comatose
    Comatose

I remember standing on a guys doorstep. He had successfully argued about a few doctrinal issues with me and my door partner. I was a late teens guy, so full of confidence. I remember telling him this and its so embarrassing now and so haughty and smug.

"One day soon, you will remember this conversation and you will remember me telling you this right here. You will know that I was right. I want you to remember I came here and tried to help."

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

I cannot STAND their gross ignorance......and choice to remain ignorant.

Its repulsive to me.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I would have much more respect and admiration if they would just be HUMBLE enough to say "Hey. We don't have all the answers but we're trying our best. We've been wrong about alot of things in the past and being imperfect we'll continue to make mistakes, but we would appreciate your continued support as we battle through all this together. We will keep praying for guidance that we do the right things in regard to our guiding the flock in the path of righteousness".

I agree. (See my screen name.) But I don't think the day they will admit such a thing will ever come.

The term that came to my mind when I first read the Title was: Self-Righteousness

It's there at most every level.

Doc

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

Its the over confidence in their extreme ignorance. I recall, with much shame, how I was so smug when people would want to debate me. I thought I was SO smart.

I look back and I am embarrassed for myself. I realised that I knew nothing and took pride in something empty. To this day, I loathe being made a fool. Its one of the reasons I have become a rabid reader.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit