Most Irritating Thing About The Jw's

by integ 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• youngbro
    youngbro

The claims of the Elites Loving you especially when you Fudge up, butthen not even calling you once in a friendly manner.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Proudly believing everything uneducated men (WTBTS) write while being unwilling to listen to reason of reasonable people.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

integ - you are preaching to the choir my friend.

Know it all, got all the answers to everything, God likes me best.

I actually heard some young dillusional woman, comment in a WT study,

with extreme smugness " We have the Faithful and Discreet Slave. "

The distortion of the scriptures used to support that doctrine are ridiculous.

Dillusional thinking and allusions of Grandeur. Smirks of self satisfaction.

Its obscene to behold since their conduct is disloyal, and they abandon their

financially needy members for the State to take care of.

They shun any one who questions anything and make lists of people

they can talk about and then take pleasure and derive a sense of superiority

from abandoning their life long friends and relatives.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Most irritating thing is how everything is a privilege.

Pioneering, working at Bethel, cleaning the kingdom Hall, field service, missionary work on your own dime, giving a talk on the school

is a privilege. Everything literally is a privilege.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

I am a non-jw who was visiting the KH in hopes of reaching JWs after learning as much about TTATT as I could. Listening to the self-righteous comments about non-jws made me physically ill. It also made their door-to-door work a total hypocrisy. Why even go to the doors to talk to those you hold in such contempt?

Luke 18:9-14 makes me think with sadness of my experience in the KH.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

The way they talk about non jws ie " worldly" people as ALL being selfish greedy wicked, depraved sex maniacal lying filth from the platform, and I remember once thinking, that's simply not true! That jws are so much better than non jws ie the sheer stereotyping of anyone not jw. Another thing that bugged me hugely even when I was in was how they disparaged uni education and how they looked at me as being fundamentally faulty or bad for 1) being a uni student; and, 2) having a degree. And how they stereotype educated people as only getting education so they can "use big words to make the rest of us feel dumb".

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

I totally and 100% completely agree with the OP.

Signed,

Winston Smith

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

Today I had a visit from un elderly brother. He had been a very dear friend of me for many years. I think he visited me to encourage me to take up service again and come back to the meetings. This in spite he obviously knew that I am un apostasy. For almost two days we talked about nothing. Then after breakfast he took up the very reason for his visit. It the end of times, very late, and all things were going to be destroyed in Armageddon.

I replied that,: wouldn´t it have been better if god had made that 10-20-30 ýears ago, since the earth’s population is increasing with approx.. 10 million children, women and men every year. And that JW,s only have a growth of 200.000 – 300.000 a year. I mean that for every year god will have to kill 10 millions of people who have not the “mark”. He replied that he didn’t know what was in the heart of god and that he couldn´t decide who god will kill or not.

I asked him but the principle is still that, all those who are not JW,s will be destroyed in Armageddon? He mentioned something that god Is good and no one knows what is going to happen.

My question is, have the society changed their view on this matter lately?

Bugbear

• Reality79
    Reality79

I don't post very often, but this is an excellent thread.

I sensed this very same attitude from a witness family in one of my old congregations who I had the misfortune of being in the vicinity at the supermarket just a little earlier today. They didn't say anything to me of course, but you could sense the air of superiority in their aura. Those type of attitudes were a strong reminder as to why I left in the first place.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I vote for their inability to admit how wrong they are and their smugness also.

My mother was the master at both.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit