Is this a real Hotmail hack?

by montag 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Solace
    Solace

Connie,
    I probably would have done the same thing.
    I also just wanted to see if it was possible.
    Im not sure exactly what is possible if someone has your password.
    Could someone send hate mail using your e-mail address?
    My daughters X-friends hacked into one of her friends e-mails, accessed her address book and sent nasty letters to everyone in her address book.
    Thinking they were all sent from her, her friends in her address book were pretty pissed. Im not sure if it was ever really cleared up.

• ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn

I changed my password just now...I didn't think that was real funny. I apologize for being so DUMB but I am about some things.

I think I got it in time

• ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn

I don't know what people do with stuff like that. I feel like a total dumbass! Who knows. I will register for another account..and be more careful.

• Solace
    Solace

Reborn and Comf,
    Thanks for saving the day!

Connie,
    Whew!!!

Montag,
    Dont beat yourself up.
    If you didnt know, what can you do.?

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

May I suggest that montag edit his initial post on this thread to remove the link to that website so that no one else is deceived?

I think that would be appropriate.

Then the rest of the thread can serve as a reminder to be very careful about what you experiment with on the Net.

It is not religious persecution for an informed person to expose publicly a certain religion as being false, thus allowing persons to see the difference between false religion and true religion.
    WT 11/15/1963 page 688 paragraph 3

• Solace
    Solace

Reborn,
    Thats true.
    I dont know what we would do without you!

• LB
    LB

I went right back and changed my password quickly. It was fine and nothing was tampered with. Maybe because I acted quickly.

The link should be removed from the site. Lots of times people log on, read the first message and don't read much more, so it's a temptation and a bad one.

I don't have a lot of computer savy and my mind doesn't work this way so I went in. My motives weren't good as I was going to look into my "bad" son's account. So I guess I deserved what could have happened. With this kid I'd probably read his diary if he had one.

So while I made have been a 'victim' here, I wasn't innocent as far as motives go.

Still it's a bad link and should be removed.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• Angharad
    Angharad

Link removed

• LB
    LB

You're a sweetheart Angharad

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Reborn

Last night I became involved in personal dispute with you.
    I have to now admit that I became involved in criticism of you personlly, and I hadnt even read your post properly. I merely skimmed your early post where you called Prisca a liar, without fully reading it. I saw the words "this is a flat out lie' and reacted emotionally without reading the whole thing in context.
    I apologize to you for misinterpreting you.
    Your posts thruout are actually couched in fairly moderate and reasonable terminology.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit