The 1914 generation is still going strong 100 years later - 2014 study article.

by THE GLADIATOR 443 Replies latest watchtower bible

• KateWild
    KateWild

I can't decide which word best describes the thinking process of the GB of the WTBTS: Bonehead, buffoon, dimwit, numskull, scatterbrain, nincompoop or birdbrain!

none of the above

SMURF SMURMING MOTHER SMURFING SONS OF SMURFS

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Correct me if I am wrong but I have never seen any scriptural evidence for two overlapping groups. Do you have the references?

You are correct there is no mention of overlapping groups, or even groups for that matter. Just the fact that 3000 were baptised and anointed with holy spirit in 33 CE, and then later in Acts Cornelius was anointed and baptised in 36 CE for, he was a gentile, and then it was opened up to all to be anointed.

No groups, sub groups, or first and second groups mentioned.

Kate xx

Thanks Kate. I don't even recall that so called reasoning being used. Was that in the WT?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

While it's true that this system of things is still functioning longer than we anticipated, everyday still brings us closer to it's impending collapse and the signs are all there to reassure us.

But will the false prophets of the WTS be allowed into that new system of things? Deut 18:18-22

• pixel
    pixel

Thanks TTATTelder and DATA-DOG!

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

DD - "Don't forget that we don't even know if Sanderson is part of the " overlapper " class or not. He is definitely part of the " dunlapper " class, as his belly has dun-lapped over his belt. Sorry hungry JW kids, the GB don't do charity work..."

Hilarious BTW↑

I'm pretty sure that Sanderson is too young to be in the "overlapper" class, unless we are now saying that persons can partake in their teens.

(They won't need to sell that for a few decades)

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'm pretty sure that Sanderson is too young to be in the "overlapper" class, unless we are now saying that persons can partake in their teens.

All the baptism candidates are getting to be so young that they will soon institute "sprinkling", so perhaps partaking in the teens is not out of the question.

Doc

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"the signs are all there to reassure us."

Oh boy, what signs would they be then ? (Maybe a new thread is called for on this ?)

I see no signs that any "End" is coming. I see lots of hope for the future of mankind, a future that will be much happier and better without silly unprovable beliefs, and silly mis-interpretations of 2000 year old scribblings. (The Bible).

• bigmac
    bigmac

i prefer to believe the watchtower society to be the sole channel of communication between mankind---and a myth

• Splash
    Splash

SFPW: b : a group of individuals born and living contemporaneously

Thank you for that dictionary definition of 'generation'. Please note that it says 'a group', not 'two groups'.

Maybe you should have looked up 'contemporaneously' as well: "existing, occurring, or originating during the same time", therefore not 60 years apart.

Splash

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" Maybe you should have looked up 'contemporaneously' as well: "existing, occurring, or originating during the same time", therefore not 60 years apart."

OHHH SNAP!

" All the baptism candidates are getting to be so young that they will soon institute "sprinkling", so perhaps partaking in the teens is not out of the question."

Does Gerber make Wine&Bread baby formula? The GB may want to start choosing their replacements SOON (tm)!!

Seriously, where is the scriptural evidence for some partakers being in the generation, and the rest being excluded? According to the scriptures, anointing can take place before someone is even baptized! Even after baptism, how could the GB prove when someone receives God's spirit? Don't ALL Jws make a dedication in their heart BEFORE they are baptized in public? Why can't someone receive God's spirit and then partake later, after much scrutiny? Some may have known "decades in advance!" Pun intended.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit