Do You Think Many Engaged JW Couples Fooled Around B4 Marriage?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

When I was an elder, I had a few couples approach me to confess that they either played around or went all the way.

I suspect there were many more that did not admit to it, though.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

MANY OF THEM HAVE !! I have had several confess this to me over the years

• bigmac
    bigmac

yep--good-- wasnt it ? happy days.

• SloppyJoe
    SloppyJoe

<----Guilty, never confessed..

• sir82
    sir82

I'd estimate probably 50-75% of them do.

Only the chronically dumb or naive ever confess to it though.

I'd peg the confession rate to about 10% of what really goes on.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I had a few couples approach to talk about what they did before their wedding night also.

Asking "Do You Think Many Engaged JW Couples Fooled Around B4 Marriage?" is like asking if bears crap in the woods.
    There are some that crap in the zoo, but the majority live in the woods. So what do you think?

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

Also, very guilty of it. Still got named a servant. So much for holy spirit eh?

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Yes almost all that I married had fooled around prior to getting married.

I became very adept at applying the October 1972 Question Box......

I almost laughed out loud at Kingdom Ministry School several years later....and at a CO Meeting with the BOE.....when they highlighted that Question Box. It was VERY obvious tons of JW's were coming forward to admit they had fooled around many years earlier. The need for judicial committees was becoming overwhelming .....as were likely the elders letter back to NY asking if they had to deal with something that had happened so long ago.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

sir82 - "I'd estimate probably 50-75% of them do."

Closer to 90%, I suspect.

sir82 - "Only the chronically dumb or naive ever confess to it though. I'd peg the confession rate to about 10% of what really goes on."

daringhart13 - "...The need for judicial committees was becoming overwhelming ..."

I got a bizarre scenario flash...

...imagine if all the hanky-panky got either reported or confessed, all the time.

The veritable tsunami of JCs would cripple the Organization, 'cause it wouldn't have the manpower or time to deal with them all and adequately handle all the other congregation responsibilities, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit