Do You Think Many Engaged JW Couples Fooled Around B4 Marriage?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Stands for Pure Worship--and thats why the majority of the young JWs of 80s and 90s are now divorced. Not the best way to honestly to get know your future spouse. I pleaded with my son not too marry a girl he wasn't ever alone with, and I was sadly proven right. I am no longer around any from the 2000s to know how their marriages are working out.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

My first ejaculation was my wedding night. I am ashamed to admit. This damn f*ck*(g religion.

• slipnslidemaster
  • wizardca
    wizardca

My sister "fooled around" both felt guilty, got married,divorced a few years later. Seemingly not untypical.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

I confess. Back in the 1960s I was engaged to a JW girl and we played around. We were in our early 20s at the time and just did what was natural. While we didn't go all the way, still had we confessed we would have gotten into trouble. We were both pioneers and I was a servant in the congregation. This was before the elder arrangement that began in the 1970s.

Apparently the Holy Spirit didn't have a problem with our pre-marital activity as we were married in the KH, and a year later I was promoted to Theocratic Ministry School Servant. Then when the elder arrangement was initiated in 1972 I was appointed an elder.

I should also mention that when I served on JCs where an engaged JW couple confessed to "unapproved Watchtower pre-marital activity," I always voted for private reproof, even though the hard-line elders insisted on public reproof. I always stuck to my guns and got the couple off with a reduced sentence.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Such things have happened, it's probably not to the same extent as those in the world that get involved with hanky panky. The suggestions we've recieved admonishing young couples to have a chaperone present when courting has prevented many young couples from engaging in immoral behavior thus setting their relationship off on the right foot.

Lol, thanks STPW, I haven't laughed that hard in a while. Please, please keep posting, you are providing much needed comic relief.

I was a virgin on my wedding night. I can neither confirm nor deny any hanky panky that might have happened before the wedding. Mainly because I cannot remember that far back.

I can relate a story about my daughter though. She was around five, and said once "Mom, you remember when (younger brother) was born?" I said yes. " I didn't hear you guys that time" . Oh.......

• jam
    jam

My ex who married an elder spent the nites at his home. How I know,

the kids would call me up and tell me "Dad we are hungry and mom

is not here". Maybe they were studying the WT all nite, you think.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

It's no one's business but their own. MYOB, I think this is the best stand to take.

• jam
    jam

Stand for pure BS, I mean pure worship. I was a elder and 95% of

judicial meetings were dealing with people fooling around.

That include, married, single, young people and old, elders, MS and

pioneers.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Stands for pure worship = Stands for unnatural behaviour

you must be a troll and you must be extinguished before someone looking for help comes to the forum snd reads your sheep guts...l

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit