If you want to show a JW some of the older publications from a non-apostate and 'safe' website..

by The Quiet One 63 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Simply because Russell is not important to me or to the JW's. He was the one who started the process and we thank him for that. Its great to know that there is no trinity,.. no immortality of the soul and no Hell etc etc.

emeth - That is an unusal comment to make if you have all the historical publications and know of the Watchtower history.

Russell started the process in the same way any self opinionated person starts a religion. He is important, because without him there would not be the JW religion. Understanding that some random guy starts a religion with a lot of incorrect doctrine that changes at the whim of its latest governing body is the first step in realising that it is just another religion.

Secondly, it is not because of Russell that you think there is no trinity, no hell, no immortal soul. Russell took those ideas from the Adventist movement, and you could join other off shoots of that Adventist movement and believe those same things.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Simply because Russell is not important to me or to the JW's. He was the one who started the process and we thank him for that. Its great to know that there is no trinity,.. no immortality of the soul and no Hell etc etc.

emeth , I hate to break it to you buddy ," their is no trinity , no immortality of the soul , no Hell etc.etc." are not beleifs exclusive to jehovahs witnesses .

Their are many other sects with about the same amount of members ,some with more, who also started around the same time as the witnesses, who also reject those teachings .

The jehovahs witnesses are not unique in their beleifs.

smiddy

• emeth
    emeth

@smiddy i never said or believed certain teachings could not be found elsewhere. For example, denial of the trinity and the denial of an immortal soul is as old as the doctrines itself. If other people like to join other groups or religions, so be it. I was happy to join the modern day witnesses. I think such choices are a personal and private matter and i dont feel the urge nor obligation to explain my those here on this forum.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Emeth-- Seeing as you seem to have ignored it, Cofty asked you: "What do you believe that you are confident will never change in the future?"

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

If other people like to join other groups or religions, so be it. I was happy to join the modern day witnesses. I think such choices are a personal and private matter and i dont feel the urge nor obligation to explain my those here on this forum.

There is the conundrum. You have joined a religion that is diametrically opposed to such comments. You may feel able to build a belief system that incorporates your own ideas with those provided by the Governing Body. But what of those that you convert? If you have family, what of any children that you have? They will know they have no choice in leaving without devastating consequences. They will be indoctrinated to believe that they have no choice if they wish for salvation.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" I was happy to join the modern day witnesses " _____emeth

I found out that the modern day witnesses are as ridiculous as the ones in the past

Case and point :

" The generation that will not pass away "______May 15, 1984 WatchTower

" Some who saw the events of 1914 will also see the complete destruction of the present wicked world."___Reasoning book page 200

I know you said you hate it when folks use qoutes to play games,

but trust. this ain't no game. These lies have short changed the lives of people

• wasblind
    wasblind

" If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things "____May 22 1969 Awake page 15

See there emeth, No different from the days of Russell

• emeth
    emeth

@wasblind ,.. i dont hate seeing people play with quotes.. i only said i dont play along and showing me quotes does not change that nor will it have any impact on me.

@jwfacts I do have children, they are free to decide themselves about what is best for them. They can leave without any devastating consequences. I am sure of that since i did the same when i was young (i grew up in the ´truth´ and left it when i was about 15 yrs old). When i was 38 yrs old, after seeing and studying many religions, i began studying with Jehovah´s Witnesses again. Few years later i became one of them. The only devastating consequences i faced when i was a youngster and during my 20´s were the bad habits and bad friends i picked up along the road of ´freedom´ out of the faith. Anyway since they are my kids and i am the parent,.. i do not really care what you or others think about how i raise and educate them.

finally i am not on this forum to discuss Witness doctrines. I just made a statement yesterday about how modern day witnesses look at ´old and very old´ literature.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" Finally i am not on this forum to discuss witness doctrines, I just made a statement yesterday about how modern day witnesses look at ' old and very old ' literature.

All WTS literature is all about their beliefs ( Doctrines ) they follow

Please explain how these have no impact on you or your children whatsoever

Children of Jehovah's witnesses are not free to decide whats best for themselves

Nether are the adults. The things you state are not true

• wasblind
    wasblind

I have an " Organized to do Jehovah's Will book "

If need I can prove you a liar

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit