If you want to show a JW some of the older publications from a non-apostate and 'safe' website..

by The Quiet One 63 Replies latest watchtower bible

• caliber
    caliber

emeth ... PM

• wasblind
    wasblind

@ wasblind first of all everyone who feels Jehovah's witnesses are in a Totalitarian religion should leave____emeth

easier said than done for those

who want to keep thier family intact

Treating people as luke warm would not be very loving, enouraging and would bring division___emeth

Jehovah's witnesses go from hot a Love bomb to an ice cold shun. There's no true warmth

When I mentioned " Luke warm " I meant you don't seem " whole souled " towards the organization

you are what they call an " Independant thinker " somethin' the WTS warns against

For example, the watchtower study warns us for that and emphasizes on giving compliments, being encouraging and to maintain unity__emeth

That's keepin' flies trapped wit honey. Here's how that work

First you tell folks what they wanna hear like:

" No one should be made to choose between family and religion "____2009 July Awake

After thier trapped, explain to them they will indeed have to choose if they leave this religion

" The person who disassociates himself by repudiating the faith and deliberately abandoning Jehovah's worship is viewed in the same way as one who is disfellowshipped."_____Organized to do Jehovah's will book page 155

• emeth
    emeth

@wasblind exactly as i said before , if someone (even my own son) would reject the religion ( so not just quietly fade away) or starts vocalising why the religion is not true i will consider that person bad association and in case of a family member reduce contact to a minimum needed to maintain certain family affairs. I have seen people fade away and they still have good contact with their family members and even when they see or meet brothers and sisters they greet eachother and ask how things are going. The problem starts if someone does more than just quietly fading away.

dont misunderstand me i am "whole souled'' towards every biblical teaching, also if the concequence of such teachings is that painful measures have to be taken.

Maybe in your opinion there is no true warmth. My experience is totally different, i never found better friends, or people i could trust more or more caring people than Jehovah's Witnesses. We do many things outside the meetings , we have dinner parties , picknicks and high tea sessions together with lots of different brothers and sisters, we do treasurehunts in the woods, quests bbq's and sportevents with our congregation etc etc. So i have another experience.

And when i talk to many brothers and sisters i dont get a feeling they stopped thinking at some point.

The kind of thinking you refer too is not helpful among united lovers and worshippers of Jehovah. That kind of thinking can cause you and other people you share those thoughts with spiritual damage. And what if something is really wrong? Patience is a virtue,.. the matter will be solved eventually at its own time.

• wasblind
    wasblind

emeth, I have been fortunate enough in my life to have met good people in and outside of this religion

and the really good people that showed love unconditionally and who are still around are the non- Witnesses

A fade is the only resource against a totalitarian religion that gives you no voice

and threatens to rip away all you ever known, for havin' a different point of view

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit