If you want to show a JW some of the older publications from a non-apostate and 'safe' website..

by The Quiet One 63 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Thanks so much. It's good to be able to have this from a nonapostate site if someone is asking.

• blondie
    blondie

You could show many jws the publications from www.jw.org or their local KH library or even the Bethel library and if the idea sounds "apostate" to them they will run away screaming "Satan, Satan"!

• Comatose
    Comatose

bookmarked. thanks. I know if I ever get the chance to show my relatives the reasons I left it will need to be from a site like this.

• Comatose
    Comatose

I also have an old Harp of God book. I imagine my mother would say its not real, but a fake by apostates lol. But, some of my relatives I think would look at old historic publications and this site is great for that.

• caliber
    caliber

if the idea sounds "apostate" to them they will run away screaming "Satan, Satan"!

If it "sounds wrong" or is even shown to them with a critical view point this makes the material wrong even if you read it word for word from the WT

I once show a close JW relative quotes from the NWT and WT quotes concerning the baptism questions

and who are covered under the ransom, the new covenant etc.

they told me it was apostate material..

'but I said there is nothing on this page except Watchtower material and the NWT Bible .. (ME)

(them ) "But where did you get the information from ? they said .....that was their excuse if it was merely compiled by an apostate

this makes it wrong !! (evil spirit is then present I guess )

I think JW quotes gets a lot of this , the excuse that things are put together to make the Wt look foolish or contradictory to the Bible or common reason

• pronomono
    pronomono

I also use http://www.a2z.org/wtarchive/archive.htm . It has older documents available in a more "portable" format.

Good find on Strictly Genteel, though. I'll definitely be using it.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Marked

• highroad
    highroad

Marked

• emeth
    emeth

some JW's would read older stuff because they collect as much WTBTS literature as the can.. they are collectors. But other JW's never ever feel the need to read the old stuff. They know what can be expected in the old stuff.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Fair point, emeth. Would you acknowledge, though.. that this 'old stuff' came from Jehovah himself, according to Russell (see quote above). If Jehovah guided him to write these things, they are surely not outdated and irrelevant? Or did Russell falsely claim to be taught by God, and that his books came from God?..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit