If you want to show a JW some of the older publications from a non-apostate and 'safe' website..

by The Quiet One 63 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wasblind
    wasblind

I ain't through......

The reason why Modern day witnesses don't want to acknowlegde their old beliefs

is because it shows a continuation of " Adjustments " to a foundation of sand that shifts

• emeth
    emeth

@wasblind ofcourse what i did say is true. I am a living example of what i stated. I never forced my teenage son to do anything against his will, he is nearly 18 years old now. Ofcourse i tried to teach him some biblical moral values and love for our creator. But if he decides to live another life he is free to do so without any ´devastating´ consequences. My other son, still a todler, is raised with and is a huge fan of Caleb and Sparlock

Many say that JW kids are brainwashed and indoctrinated... well aren´t we all? Every kid is brainwashed and indoctrinated 18hrs a day at school, on tv, in clubs, by movies, popular video games, the neighbours, friends etc etc. Till now i am happy with the results of my childrens biblical education. The eldest one does not smoke, does not use drugs (which is legal in my country) is honest and shows perfect manners and respect to all kind of people. He truly thinks about the wellbeing of others and is a kind guy.

Many times parents of his schoolmates make me compliments about him and ask me how i accomplished that since their kids are so ´rebelious´.

I have many ´organized will´ books. Its up to a child to decide if he wants to become a publisher,... if he wants to get baptised,.. if he wants to do talks at the ministry school.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Thanks for the proof I needed. I'm glad you brought up Lil' Caleb

How can you say children have choices in this religion

When the WTS shows that Lil' Caleb clearly had none

• wasblind
    wasblind

If Caleb was quick on thought. He coulda told his mom

Sparlock didn't work magic but performed miracles and his wand was really the staff of Moses

• emeth
    emeth

i brought up Caleb to tease you

About free choice and religion i already gave you two examples .. myself when i was a teenager and my eldest son of almost 18 years old. We both are/were free to do and decide what we want(ed)

Furthermore i think that a lot of children around the world of Calebs age have things decided for them by their parents, kids have to obey their parents. That is the way adults all over the world raise kids.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

"I do have children, they are free to decide themselves about what is best for them. They can leave without any devastating consequences. I am sure of that since i did the same when i was young...Few years later i became one of them. " ..EMETH-- Putting these statements together, you clearly infer that your children are not baptised. Which would show that you have deliberately missed the point entirely.. If they were alive and baptised back in Rutherfords time, and had gone around telling people (for example) that Rutherford authorised the writing of a lot of uninspired nonsense that was completely laughable, even using quotes of some of the things he wrote/authorised in the journal recognised as Gods line of communication, they would be questioning the line of the Faithful and Discreet Slave and contradicting the latest 'new light' Watchtower (july 15th 2013) that stated he was chosen as part of that Faithful Slave from 1919.. Correct?
    And what are the consequences for being critical of Gods chosen representative on earth and the only channel of communication to mankind today?.. And yet as time passes the mistakes, failures, and false predictions that have amassed during that time have been, and will yet be, swept aside for 'new understandings'.. Whilst your children would have been disfellowshipped, torn away from a normal relationship with you once/if they are old enough to leave home, and left outside of Gods organisation to be marked fit for destruction at Armageddon.. Because they had simply looked back and thought 'hang on, why are we following guidance from a channel that told us in 1918 God would destroy Christendom and 1920 would bring anarchy, and even published a book claiming that Millions Now Living Will Never Die..' Of course, as the numbers expanded and the 144,000 mark became nearer, Rutherford was suddenly blessed with 'new understanding', that there would have to be another group that would not be going to heaven..Yet what would have happened to you or your children if you had believed such a thing and dared to voice that belief?In the future, the generation teaching will be 'adjusted' again, as may be the 'understanding' of only the literal 144,000 going to heaven, as the numbers of anointed expand or the current anointed die off.. The Governing Body can teach whatever they want, change whatever 'understanding' they want to.. They don't even claim to get everything they teach from God. And yet if your children dare to think for themselves, or even to find 'laughable' todays truths that have yet to be updated, the things that future Witnesses will see as 'irrelevant, wrong, and at best amusing'.. Their lives will be affected greatly. There will be consequences, and you know that..Todays apostacy could be tomorrows 'new light'. And todays amusing old relics..were yesterdays life-saving truths.

• wasblind
    wasblind

True.

Kids should obey thier parents. But the WTS teaches children and adults

that they will be blessed only if they listen to whatever the WTS says is true

until that " truth " expires when " adjustments " have been made

because of a shift in the foundation it once stood on

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Emeth said: "The eldest one does not smoke, does not use drugs (which is legal in my country) is honest and shows perfect manners and respect to all kind of people. He truly thinks about the wellbeing of others and is a kind guy."
    .. According to your beliefs, Jehovah wouldn't take that into account if Armageddon came. You either accept the Governing Bodys current truths without question, or you die an unbeliever (or apostate) at Armageddon.. But I won't say anymore. I can't imagine how you must feel about that, and I don't want to cause offense.

• caliber
    caliber

emeth....

What if your son decides to date a "worldly girl " will they be welcome at your home ?

What if , heaven forbid , your son is told he needs a blood transfusion will he get to decide and if so how would you or the rest

of the witnesses treat him ?

Will you pay for him to get higher education , if he requests your help ?

Which is of greater importance to you loyality to family or the FDS ?

Free choice sounds great until major issues arise that in turn forces you to make choices that cannot please everyone

what will you do in such case ?

w89 9/1 19 Remaining Organized for Survival Into the Millennium

"Only Jehovah's Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the great crowd as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme

Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil."

***************************************************************************************

If your children are now teenagers but not baptised .. will you be ok with God destroying them along with the rest of the world 's 99.9 % of people ?

• wasblind
    wasblind

That's exactly right The Quiet One

From the WTS point of view his children will be detroyed along wit the

rest of the worldy people who don't smoke or do drugs, and believe in God

unless they obey the WTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit