Goodbye JWD/JWN (my last post)

by slimboyfat 406 Replies latest jw friends

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

talesin: "I dunno why this thread is 36 pages long!"

A lot of people were saying goodbye since he was going away.

Welcome back slim.

• Open mind
    Open mind

SBF must have been sitting quietly and remorsefullly in the back row for the last six months.

Welcome back!

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

I welcome any input from old and new members alike.

So I join in the chorus and welcome you back

Hope you stay and strengthen the community further.

• talesin
    talesin

thanks, VI ........... it was just too much to read. xx : D

tal

• steve2
    steve2

Welcome sbf. Good to see you here again.No explanation necessary.

You will know that many posters here have missed your thoughtful posts. I know I have. At times you added a necessary counter view to the rhetoric - including mine.

I liked that you were cautious in your comments and you brought good critical thinking skills that led to me being a lot more careful in my reasoning. I think it is a measure of how long this thread is that people really missed you.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

steve2: I think it is a measure of how long this thread is that people really missed you.

Amen to that!

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Welcome back old friend! Hope you had a good time, anyway.

One question: do you have learning points to share with us? We all are sometimes under big pressure to return to the financial institute and property investment fund jw.org.

Hope you want to share some insights.

Greetings, Gorby

• cantleave
    cantleave
    Welcome back. I hope all is well.
  • KateWild
    KateWild

Great to have you back SBF. I have missed you.

Kate xx

• Heaven
    Heaven

SBF, I do like your Gravatar. And welcome back. The 'dog's vomit' isn't that bad is it?

Lots of changes in JW world over the last couple of years. Of course, 100 years of no Armageddon is starting to wear thin. I saw long ago that the Watchtower was hurting families as I went through this in the 1990s. Their 'kick your unbelieving family to the curb' phase was particularly brutal for some. What I have found in life is that the real truth does eventually come out. Not many abusers are able to sustain anonymity forever. They get bolder when they have initial success but eventually, they slip up and others begin to see what they are really like.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit