Goodbye JWD/JWN (my last post)

by slimboyfat 406 Replies latest jw friends

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

There is nothing the JW's have to offer, including their paraise earth and my parents and siblings that I would trade for what I have on the outside.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I've not commented so far because I was half-expecting SBF to suddenly post, "JUST KIDDING! HA, I GOT YOU ALL GOING!"

If you're serious, SBF, then I wish you well. You say you've never fit in here. I don't know how one can truly 'belong' in a huge, faceless, mostly anonymous cyber-community anyway. Will you really feel 'at home' with the JW community, the attitudes, the expectations (the ignorance!) - knowing what you know? Hmm, I wonder. I suspect you'll feel out-of-place wherever you are - it's in your nature to. I guess the trick is not to mind always being the maverick. All the best.

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

To "fit in" is to be overlooked, taken for granted, glossed over.

You (SBF) wear too big a hat, for someone who would find that an enviable niche.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

slimboyfat (in the last couple of days):

I bet that will get the younger one thinking. There really is no good defense of the Watchtower practice of tearing up families for no better reason than some don't want to be JWs any more.
    No just familiar gobbledygook. They like to talk about how Jehovah becomes king even though he is already king.
    I always remember an early post I read online that simply said:
    Matt 8:11 - proof the Watchtower is lying to you!
    Not much you can say against that.

So, I'm thinking he's either joking or toying with semantics in reference to some 'other' 'truth'. Either that or he's gone insane.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

He has been busted by the elders for frequenting apostate sites and is now trying to demonstrate his repentance by publicly announcing he is returning to Jehovah, because he doesn't want to be shunned by family?...?..

I just made that up.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Day 1 - More than any other event I believe this has coloured every relationship I have ever had. It manifests itself in a deep wish always to be with “the other people”. I am never happy with present company. It will always be better with the other set of friends rather than this one, with other cousins rather than these ones. But when I am with the others, then I want the previous ones back more than ever.

Day 3 - I went on an adventure to Aberdeen to see the city … when I strayed into a Christian bookshop, … and came away with the first hardcore apostate literature I had ever come across. It turned my world upside down, not all at once but in a way that has been working its way out ever since.

The book struck some deep cords with previous misgivings about the lack of freedom of thought among the Witnesses. … It is the lack of freedom that bothers me most.

Day 4 - Although [my wife and I] have kept irregular meeting attendance over the past few years I now have no appetite for going there any more. Time is precious. I want to try rebuild my life in shapes more to my own pleasing.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

2+2=5, that makes more sense to me.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Oubliette, thanks for posting that. Looking at his Day 1 would make me less trustful of his loyalty. I'm sure he's not a bad kid... Only on his 30's but definitely conflicted. Poor kid.

• darthfader
    darthfader

I could tell you were on the fence by some of your comments, but I never expected this.

Good luck in your journies -- no one has the right to judge you for seeking peace and happiness as long as you are true to yourself.

I'll miss your posts.

cheers

• caliber
    caliber

Who can know for sure the inner or outer conflicts that can create such a sudden change ?

However the greatest conflicts are not between two people.. but between one person and themselves" G. B.

I too wish you peace on your inward journey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFtHfYt1saM

We stand at the edge of the universe but wish to discover what centre of the universe is .....

yet in a sense there are two journey's... both inner and outer which seek to converge

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit