A one sentence reply that could jolt a JW

by HBH 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

If the resurrected Jesus showed doubting Thomas his wounds, why can't we see his wounds?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I had an elder trot that point out from the OD book early this Spring. It was all I could do to bite my tongue to keep from pointing out that the PROOF he was trying to show me about why I should trust the FDS was no longer true!

He asked me why so much blood was running down my face. I mumbled, "Nuffing!"

Ok, so the last sentence was hyperbole, but the part about the elder not knowing about the New Light is absolutely true. They're such morons some time.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Here's my Reasoning book style question.

Question: Is abstaining from blood transfusions important to Jehovah? (pause for response) Did Jehovah warn His One True People TM about His wishes once mankind started to perform blood transfusions?

Answer: No. The first transfusion was in 1628. Jehovah's Witnesses accepted blood transfusions in the 19th and early 20th centuries; apparently they did not understand the command not to eat blood applied to transfusions.

Jehovah waited over 400 years to clear up the confusion, allowing countless transfusions to take place unimpeded.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I thought of two scriptures that blows up their montra, first in Mark 9:38 where John and the apostles see someone doing miracles in jesus name but not one of them and they ask him to stop. Jesus says if not against us then hes for us. This blows up their attitude regarding other chhristians faiths.

Then theres Matt.12:50 were jesus says any one doing the will of my father is my brother, which of course makes them Gods sons. This scripture kills their two class distiction of a few special anointed 144k sons of god crap.

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

This is a KILLER thread. Thank you all so much. I'm one of the ones whose critical thinking skills have had to have the cobwebs blown off them, this stuff is GOLD!

• JeffT
    JeffT

Several years ago a couple of JW's (I think elders from their look). I told them that, as a Christian, I could not follow a religion that taught that Jesus was not my mediator. When they said they did teach them that, I asked when their doctrine changed. They said they always taught that and I told them to go look it up in the 1979 WT and get back to me. Never saw them again, but I wonder if they looked.

• LogCon
    LogCon

Marked

• d
    d

The scripture that talks about examining all things 1 Thessalonians 5:21.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

The "faithful and discreet slave" doctrine itself seems

to be the most unquestioned doctrine. Even ex-wittnesses

have trouble with it. It is about taking care of one another

in all ways, like many other passages where Jesus tells them

things like if they feed a starving person they are feeding Him

personally, or if they clothe or house a stranger. The Watchtower

has taken all such scriptures of community responsibility and turned

them into applying only to serving the Governing Body, and not

to general charity works, even though the early Christians in the

first century, distibuted actual food and clothing to widows and orphans,

the Governing Body of Jehovah's Wittnesses makes all this "symbolic"

and tells JW's they only owe money and time to the "organization"

This makes them just like the Pharisees and their teachings to that

instructed Jews of Jesus day to take what they owed their mother and

father and give it to the Temple.

• stillin
    stillin

If God doesn't want any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance, why is the ratio of earth's population so disproportionate toJW's? And the non-witness people keep being born and dying at least 1000 to 1 witness. Why won't God fix this problem?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit