A one sentence reply that could jolt a JW

by HBH 60 Replies latest jw friends

• HBH
    HBH

My mind was wandering last night, and I though of this as a reply to a JW.

"Oh, your the people who believe 8 men in Brooklyn, NY are directing the world's only true religion."

The sentence is a fact that they can't deny, but clearly shows delusion. Any other one sentence "stingers"?

HBH

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Look carefully at the picture below and answer: How many generations do you see?

Say the first thing that comes to mind.

One "Overlapping Generation"

• If you said "One Overlapping Generation" then congratulations!!! You are a faithful Witness for Jehovah.
    • If you said "Four" then I'm sorry but I've got bad news, you are a "mentally diseased" apostate!

Okay, that's more than one sentence, but it's nice and concise!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

[double post]

• tornapart
    tornapart

One that hit me many years ago and I never forgot it, from a christian householder.

"You believe Jesus is Michael the Archangel don't you? Why is that?"

It made such an impression I can still remember the house! I went away and did my 'research' and I was stumped.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I always remember an early post I read online that simply said:

Matt 8:11 - proof the Watchtower is lying to you!

Not much you can say against that.

• DS211
    DS211

Slim---i actually brought this up when i volunteered to meet wth the elders. He said something about it being by extension, but you could tell hed never seen it before.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

When JWs use the platitude "Where else shall we go?", ask them "Don't you mean to whom shall we go?" as Simon-Peter responded to Jesus Christ in John 6:68?

I don't feel that many JWs would like God's response in Jeremiah 15:2 to the question "Where shall we go?", which is the closest match to the platitude taught by the WTBTS.

Also as a second punch, you can ask JWs why Jesus Christ did not tell his 12 disciples not to shun those disciples who deserted him in John 6:60-70. If shunning is such an important method of cleansing a congregation, I would think that Jesus Christ would have instructed his 12 disciples to no longer have contact with the ones who deserted him.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

• If the recent "New Light" understanding about the Govering Body, and only them, being the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" is correct, then what was the old understanding? (ANSWER: Incorrect)
    • Why did it take the WT Leaders 93 years to figure out they were wrong about their own prophetic identity?
    • If they didn't know they were the FDS was for nearly a century, why should we be confident that Jesus chose them in 1919?
    • Where did that 1919 date come from anyway? What is the Biblical basis for this date?
  • vangogh
    vangogh

This one always comes to my mind although im sure i wont be the first to have thought of it.... 'In the beginning Jesus the Archangel created the heavens and the Earth............

• stillin
    stillin

Oubliette, can you tell me if any of those people in your picture are living in California? Striking similarity to a witness lady I know, specifically the one holding the child.

PM me if you want.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit