Are you religious or are you spiritual? Wake up to what?

by Deltawave 113 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty
    Jesus only said that the law would not pass away until it was fulfilled which he believed he did upon dying. So the law is irrelevant now according to Jesus.

Jesus said no such thing. He was a religious Jew 100% and so were his early followers. Christianity was a Jewish sect/cult.

Jesus told his followers to keep the Law, the idea that it passed away on the cross is a Paulene invention.

Jesus broke up families and enticed gullible men like Peter to abandon their wives, children and businesses to follow him around Palestine preaching false apocalyptic prophecies.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Have a day off, for f*ck's sake.

Now you've been correct twice.

To someone new here, i.e. Deltawave, you don't show atheism in a particularly good light.

First, Deltawave is almost certainly a revamp of the Brahma Kumaris who periodically show up, preach, get booted, make a new account, rinse and repeat.

Secondly, this discussion has zero to do with atheism, but rather making false claims and displaying arrogance when trying to promote those blatantly false claims.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    woo
    n.(or adj), the way a person is when they uncritically believe unsubstantiated or unfounded ideas. Short for "woo woo".(See Russell's definition of woo woo)
    Shirley believes that in a past life she was the Jolly Green Giant of Rainbowland. Shirley is very woo.

I have never heard that expression in my entire life. Wow.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    I have never heard that expression in my entire life. Wow.

It happens. It's amazing sometimes that you can go your entire life without knowing what many consider to be common knowledge. Last year someone was at my house helping made a dinner for some friends and asked for a ramekin. I had no idea that a small bowl was called a ramekin but everyone else said that was common knowledge that everyone knew.

I've no idea how I managed to go my entire life never knowing that.

• millie210
    millie210

Hi Deltawave,

Welcome to the forum. I see you are new here. Many posters read your thoughts even if they dont jump in with a comment.

Dont get discouraged. Speak your thoughts, you and your thoughts are most welcome along with all of ours!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Deltawave is almost certainly a revamp of the Brahma Kumaris - evidence?

Deltawave: are you a member of the Brahma Kumaris?

this discussion has zero to do with atheism - this discussion is only connected with atheism in that smug atheists such as yourself seem to take delight in p1ssing all over the beliefs of others.

• cofty
    cofty
    First, Deltawave is almost certainly a revamp of the Brahma Kumaris

Bingo!

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I think it's best, in the interest of peace that we all (exception made to Viviane) stop making general statements that common sense (except Viviane's common sense, if it can be proven to exist in lab controlled conditions, I'm just working on an assumption here, as I cannot know if her common sense is equal to everyone else's) would understand it as not applying to 100% of mankind without qualifying first that we're not speaking in her name. If we all (exception made to Viviane) make such effort, life will be easier for everyone (with the exception of Viviane). That way any forum member (with the exception of Viviane) will not commit the severe error to speak in Viviane's name or assume what she does or thinks, something she clearly disapproves. Let us (with the exception of Viviane) give it our best shot at it.

Eden

• Viviane
    Viviane
    evidence?

The name "Deltawave", the promotion of the Brahma Kumari ideas and the fact that this has all happened several times over the past few months.

this discussion is only connected with atheism in that smug atheists such as yourself seem to take delight in p1ssing all over the beliefs of others.

Oh, so, now you get corrected for the third time today. I piss on unsubstantiated claims. If another atheists were saying the earth were flat or that he could fly or that a teapot orbits Mars I would piss on that just as much, just as I am doing to your false and claim lacking in knowledge regarding my attitude or what I take delight in.

• cofty
    cofty

in another 2,500 years into the future, Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University leaders teach that Abraham, Buddha, Christ and Mohammed will all be reborn again in order to start to teach, after having re-learnt their religion under them at this time.

According to the Brahma Kumaris, Abraham, Buddha, Christ and Mohammed and others are also said to be spirit mediums, possessed by spirit entities which whom they continue to reincarnate for the duration of their religions’ history as in “Jesus” and a separate individual “the Christ”. more...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit