Favorite JW URBAN LEGEND?

by Separation of Powers 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

I guess the most recent would be that JW's died in the Kenya mall shootings, when JW.org denies there were any witness deaths...

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Smurfs.

Sir82, you mean that wasn't a real experience?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I started a thread on this a few months ago too and got some real clangers. Check out my post history to see them.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

He was one that I used to think was amazing.

A Jehovah's Witness in Australia buys an old Harley Davidson, then discovers from an inscription under the seat that the bike had been a gift from Elvis to James Dean, and sells it for millions of dollars.

It wasn't until I came to JWN that I found out this was an urban legend, though I had always wondered how the bike had ended up in Australia. It turns out that there were numerous JW stories I had been told as a kid that were common urban legends.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

Too bad these angels seem not to appear when a JW boy/girl gets raped by an evil person...

• Splash
    Splash

Wasn't there one about a Nazi infiltrator getting zapped by lightning, and another about a starving pioneer finding a potato in the road the size of a football?

Splash.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

One of the "Urban Legends" was actually in a Yearbook (70's I think). There was an highly ranked SS-officer (at the deathmars) who was swearing against Jehovah or something and the next day he was dead because he was stung by thousands of red ants...

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

I remember one from a yearbook about a man who his belly swolled like a pregnant woman because some local witch had put a spell on him. I recall another one from a YB about a talking snake in some african village. There's one experience from a magazine about a brother who was a wizard and he could move curtains only with his mind power.

Even when I was an UberDub I found these stories pure BS!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Demonized smurfs coming off wall paper and terrorizing young witnesses; that has to be the best. There is something about being purple and demonized that I find very appealing.

My other favorite legend theme relates to getting a demonized object at a yard sale. As if it is reasonable to think that the demon would lay in wait in some inanimate object for perhaps years for the right opportunity to terrorize one of our brothers.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" Of course from that day forward the relationship ended. I hear from my 3rd cousin's dentist's wife that she is still pioneering....."

Ha!!! Childless no doubt...

1) Smurfs dancing down the isle of the KH.

2) A witchdoctor who could kill by touching someone. Evidently...he tried to kill a JW in service and he died. Too bad molesters are not struck down when they touch kids.

3) Jehovah blesses chicken reproduction in Myanmar.

4) Rutherford was the original FDS.

5) Beth- Shan/sham?

6) Jehovah is blessing Warwick construction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit