Favorite JW URBAN LEGEND?

by Separation of Powers 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

The story of why the new bible has a grey cover (Silver Sword) moved me to ask you all what YOUR favorite JW urban legend is?

One of my favorite JW urban legends

A sister is out in service alone. She approaches the door of this guy. Little does she know that he is a murderer and the voices in his head told him to kill the next person that came to his door. When the sister arrives, he answers the door with a conflicted look on his face. She speaks to him and leaves as he is not interested. Later, another person shows up at the door. He kills that man.

A next door neighbor sees what happened so calls the police. The man is arrested. While they are interviewing him, they ask why he didn't simply kill the JW woman that was there before. He says, "She wasn't alone." They are confounded as they interviewed her and she mentioned that she was alone. They mention this to the murderer. He states, "She wasn't alone. There was a big guy with white hair standing behind her. So, I didn't do anything. He looked like he was her bodyguard or something." The police tell the JW woman it must have been her angel.

Urban Legend?

What is your favorite?

SOP

• bigmac
    bigmac

alas that one has done the rounds on here many times--usually she has 2 big guys just behind her.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The LDS/Mormons have the same legend.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

so do the Krishnas! HA!

• Comatose
    Comatose

I know smurfs are demonized because once they came to life and interrupted a meeting.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Don't mention the Smurfs.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Amageddon will be here in 1975 and Jesus arrived invisibility in 1914.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

"We have the Truth!"

• sir82
    sir82

Isn't there one about how there was a good, pure, chaste virtuous pioneer sister, who was achingly lonely and wanted to get married.....

Finally, a guy began studying. He progressed rapidly & was baptized.

Soon after, he started "courting" out brave heroine.

Things went along swimmingly, until one day....

After a long day in field service together, they were relaxing by a river bank (in a public location, you dirty-minded readers! no need for a chaperone).

The sister got up abruptly, took her service bag, and threw it in the river saying "I'm done with this @#$@^! I'm tired of this endless routine of service, service, service! I just want to live a normal life! I don't want to be a Witness any more!"

Upon which, the brother got up, threw his service bag in teh water also, and said "Thank God! You have no idea how long I've been waiting to hear you say that!"

And that, my friends, is how our brave heroine learned the real reason why this young brother was so interested in "truth"!

It was all a ruse - she of course had no intention of quitting the Witesses. It was all a test to see how sincere he was.

Of course from that day forward the relationship ended. I hear from my 3rd cousin's dentist's wife that she is still pioneering.....

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

This silver sword milarchy, I am convinced this kind of thing is started in Bethel.

Much terminology in the JW's is international despite not appearing in literature. I remember finding this odd.

It must be in talk outlines etc?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit